• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Maybe new owner

Horse Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amber
Hi, I haven’t been on here in long time. I have three year old Scarlett macaw and I bring home a male eclectus that owner is rehoming him.
The lady said he’s 20+ and he starting plucking his feathers out. She think it’s stress and not feeding him right.

She selling his cage with him which I plan to upgrade.I think it is to small for him it’s 24X20X60.
Can you give some cage recommendations that you like and house your eclectus in?

Last edited:

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Yes, I would upgrade to a larger cage and provide as much "out of the cage" time as possible. My eckie is out more than she is in. Kings cages are nice. I am planing to upgrade myself soon too, but have not settled yet on a cage I like.

Aggie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I suggest a minimum of eclectus wing span which is about 34" to 35". Ours is just under as he spends 80% of time out of it and we have open plan living of four rooms for flight. Plus we didnt have room for bigger.

Screenshot_2018-09-02-19-25-32.png

However if it us used as only sleeping cage then appropriate but he would still need a bigger day cage.

Ideal would be to buy biggest you can afford and fits in space you have as long as it allows full wing expansion while still having toys perches etc.

Our next cage is going to be 100% stainless steal. Gotta get hubby to agree with $$$ though.

images (4).jpeg

Horse Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amber
Miss Ellie is doing great. She has new a favorite human which is now my mom. I allowed to love and play with her til my mom walks in the door then I’m enemy to her.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He looks great! Many congrats!!!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Yeah. I have to take Lucy and Sergei every 3 months without fail or things get totally out of control.