• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Marleys beak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Perhaps you could cook up a few noodles separately and then add them to the prepared mash when serving
That's how I do it and it works great. Even cooking enough for a few days and storing them separately to add to the mash when you heat it up works well because they don't turn to mush. :)

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Marie, how many milk thistle seeds would you say you sprinkle on a day? (1/8 tsp for example, or much less?). I finally bought some and they are much larger than I expected. Fatter I mean. I was expecting skinny ones like wild finches prefer.

my4turtles

Meeting neighbors
Well I made Marley up some mash for today, I still don’t have all the ingredients but wanted to give him something today that was better than the seed. I made up some Brown rice, veggies and some fruit and ohh boy did he go nuts over it.. I’m for sure going to switch him to this, also I was shocked that he did not leave any veggies out, he likes them all

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
That's great. Sounds like a typical male ekkie! I LOVE how you are doing so much for him!

my4turtles

Meeting neighbors
Ohh he is well worth it.. he is a sweet heart and i love him to death

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Marie, how many milk thistle seeds would you say you sprinkle on a day? (1/8 tsp for example, or much less?). I finally bought some and they are much larger than I expected. Fatter I mean. I was expecting skinny ones like wild finches prefer.
I give her about 1-2 tablespoons a day (she's a big girl). we had a thread about this awhile ago and I asked about it. Let me see if I can find it.

Found it:
http://forums.avianavenue.com/healthy-highway/18184-milk-thistle-seeds-can-they-od.html

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Well I made Marley up some mash for today, I still don’t have all the ingredients but wanted to give him something today that was better than the seed. I made up some Brown rice, veggies and some fruit and ohh boy did he go nuts over it.. I’m for sure going to switch him to this, also I was shocked that he did not leave any veggies out, he likes them all
That's awesome! Please have him call Ruby and explain that veggies are good things.

Last edited:

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Yay!!! This is just absolutely fabulous. Eclectus LOVE mushy foods and are like garbage cans when it comes to eating. I am SO HAPPY to hear this. Keep up the good work!!!!

my4turtles

Meeting neighbors
ohh i dont think you want him calling ruby he might teach her all the bad words he keeps coming out with... boy does he have a bad mouth on him :omg:

I found this link yesterday as yet i have not looked at them all but wanted to post this in case anyone can use them, i also have other birds that i think this might work for...
http://www.petfoodcookbook.com/free-bird-food-recipes.php

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
ohh i dont think you want him calling ruby he might teach her all the bad words he keeps coming out with... boy does he have a bad mouth on him :omg:
It's a good thing she's naked so we could see her blush! :lol:

Thanks for the link. Lots of recipes! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.