• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male or Female Budgie?

CoCo-Stocks

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello,
Can someone please tell me if this is a female budgie? It's usually pretty pale/white around the nostrils and light blue on the sides which would make me think female. But also there is a dark pink look at the bottom so maybe male?? 20170419_172133.jpg

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
From all what I read on how to tell and from my experience, I would say your budgie is a female.

My one female had some white in her cere when she was a baby. All my males did not have any white and their ceres were solid purplish or pink. I have one female and four males.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
A pretty lady you have there.

CoCo-Stocks

Checking out the neighborhood
Thanks yall! She came from Petco and in only 2 days has already learned to fly to my hand from a foot away for millet and only bit me once after getting home. I guess I lucked out...I heard females were more skittish and prone to bite but she's a little sweetheart

Ppoi

Strolling the yard
She may get more fiesty and territorial when she is hormonal. Just read up on how to prevent female budgies from laying eggs so she won't be so hormonal. Don't give her anything to nest in.

I had to get new food dishes recently, because my female tried to use them as a nest. Even though we have had the same food dishes for a few years. She actually calmed down after about 4 days after I switched them out.