• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Making Windows Safer

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
He's absolutely obsessed with them, too. He spends all day climbing on them and flying from net to net. I hang lightweight toys from them and he just goes to town.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love this! :laughing12:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I love that solution, but was too expensive for me. So I put plastic garden lattice over the windows and in front of the sliding glass doors to keep the birds from flying into them. Works great and allows me to hang toys, perches, platforms and foraging areas on the lattice as well. I did put a foraging area on my net, which a good friend was nice to donate to me. Most of the birds are still warming up to the net after two years!

PS: Using plastic lattice has not kept the birds from chewing on the lattice. Oscar RBP has removed the top four inches of one of the panels over the past year. He works on it daily... However, the plastic is easier to clean than the wood lattice, even when the wood is painted with baby safe paint.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
That is such an amazing idea, did you make it all yourself?

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
@BeakyBird no, I didn't make them. I looked into it and it would have cost me just as much to buy all the materials and have them shipped. I bought 4 separate climbing nets on Drs. Foster & Smith and then attached them. :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
most excellent!

nilmo

Moving in
Real Name
nilom
I love that solution, but was too expensive for me. So I put plastic garden lattice over the windows and in front of the sliding glass doors to keep the birds from flying into them. Works great and allows me to hang toys, perches, platforms and foraging areas on the lattice as well. I did put a foraging area on my net, which a good friend was nice to donate to me. Most of the birds are still warming up to the net after two years! Paris airport limousine service

PS: Using plastic lattice has not kept the birds from chewing on the lattice. Oscar RBP has removed the top four inches of one of the panels over the past year. He works on it daily... However, the plastic is easier to clean than the wood lattice, even when the wood is painted with baby safe paint.
thanks for your kind information and i find it helpful. by the way you know a lot about windows .
however after reading your post i can say it you are a good adviser. thanks again for your kind reply.
hope you will inform me more about this in next forums.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
This is the purpose of the forum, to help other bird owners maximize the health, happiness and environment of their birds by using suggestions from other bird owners. I also love how the forum allows debate on controversial subjects like wing clipping, breeding and allowing our birds to follow their instincts rather than just be sex-less, toys for humans.

Not all my posts are popular and I have had my fair number of trips to the dungeon. But this forum is a wonder and a treasure to me. Hope I can be helpful to you or anyone in the future. Welcome to AA.

HazelBird029

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Archer
Love it!!!
I'm going to make/get these for my room... I always have to curtain the windows when my 'keets are out flying, so this would be very helpful!

Chione

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
This is awesome, I'm going to see if I can get bird safe supplies at the craft store to make one for Gypsy.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Anyone have cats that try to climb the netting?

Cockatoo-Dust

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Skylar
Plus it makes you look like a pirate. ;)
There's nothing wrong with that, IMO, I would LOVE to have my house look like a pirate's ship! :D