• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Making Toys for my Shop....What do you look for in a toy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Ooh wanted to add I would like some toys with NO plastics and I know there are a few others who prefer NO plastics as well :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
For me I like it to be knotted inbetween toy parts. There's nothing for annoying and wasteful IMO than buying a $15 toy and have it all fall off when Truely undoes one knot. :mad:

Ginger

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
For me I like it to be knotted inbetween toy parts. There's nothing for annoying and wasteful IMO than buying a $15 toy and have it all fall off when Truely undoes one knot. :mad:

Ginger
Truely :naughty:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Anything that resembles plastic straw material. Squeeky loves that.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
:eek: that first one!!!! :faint:

Oh, that second one is a favorite here.
Yes...:( Never again..
The paper wrapped wood is awesome! I just put Carlos' wood toy bucket back in his cage and there is a bunch of wood wrapped in paper in the bucket. I will have a nice mess on the bottom of his cage when I get home. :p As long as he is having fun, thats all that matters. :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
bells plastic wood soft any thing that makes a noise Mango loves his toys to make a racket,,lol and just loves bells nthe more noise the more it gets played with ..lol and thanks for asking
hugssssssss

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
I have designed a few toys to put on the website. I am mostly into the complete shredding toy.

I am wondering what others look for in toys?
Biggest pet peeve with toys designed for large...as in Green Wing macaw large toys, is they are often sooooo big! Compact is better and of course, absolutely no plastic of any type. Even plastic chain is not (in my opinion) safe for large macaws.
You have one very crunchy unique part that may work great for toys for larger birds. (cornless cob and husks!) Then again, not sure how you could attach them?
Woods from PPBN and lots of texture with shreddable parts would be nice.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
It must make you feel like a good bird mom :)
Does he like cotton knots?
Newman loves those.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
It does make me happy when I see he kept himself busy all day :) He does love to untie knots. I dont know if I have ever tried cotton knots. I usually tie a knot between each wood piece on Paulie rope and he gets them undone in no time. I would like to find this colored paper though to wrap the wood in.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Danita here is the fruit of Carlos' labor today. I filled his bucket with wood and paper wrapped wood today and this is what I saw when I came home. :)
i love the idea of hanging the bucket up thanks i have Mangos basket on the floor of his cage and what a mess i find in it food poop tired of scrubing it every day also love the wrapping of wood think ill try both
sooooooo tomorow ill be looking for a bucket then comes the wood
thanks again

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Yes Doll the hanging bucket is nice and Carlos loves unwrapping the wood. :)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
It does make me happy when I see he kept himself busy all day :) He does love to untie knots. I dont know if I have ever tried cotton knots. I usually tie a knot between each wood piece on Paulie rope and he gets them undone in no time. I would like to find this colored paper though to wrap the wood in.
People just use printing paper from stationary stores. Using brown paper is just as good, they like that, or paper towel with knots

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Biggest pet peeve with toys designed for large...as in Green Wing macaw large toys, is they are often sooooo big! Compact is better and of course, absolutely no plastic of any type. Even plastic chain is not (in my opinion) safe for large macaws.
You have one very crunchy unique part that may work great for toys for larger birds. (cornless cob and husks!) Then again, not sure how you could attach them?
Woods from PPBN and lots of texture with shreddable parts would be nice.
we use corn cobs (dried out) on our toys we just drill a hole down the center, after we cut them into the size we want them

but for our birds we leave the corn on, they love taking it off and making a huge mess for me to clean (they never have actually eaten the corn just rip it off the cob and play with it then toss it

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
People just use printing paper from stationary stores. Using brown paper is just as good, they like that, or paper towel with knots
Thats a good idea Danita. I like the brown paper or paper towel idea.

Lotsa Birds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sandy
I would like to find this colored paper though to wrap the wood in.
If you are talking about the neon paper that they use for the toys that come wrapped in the bucket, Walmart has it. I bought a package of it there recently.
Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.