• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Making the bed...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I was making the bed this morning when Milton came over and hopped on the bed...

Me: You have to get off, Bird...I want to make the bed...

Milton: "BUT WHY?"

Me: I can't make it with you on it...now move.

Milton runs up and hides in between the pillows...

Milton: " I LIKE"....

Me: I don't care if you like it, you have to get off right now...

I pick Milty up and put him on his cage...I then start to make the bed.

Milton: (singsong) "BAD DAD...BAD DAD ...BAD DAD..."

Me: ...and you're a bad COCKATOO!

Milton: 'YOU BAD DAD!"

Milty runs into cage, rips large pieces of pages from hanging phone book, runs out of cage, and rips the chunk of paper into smaller pieces...over and over...all the time yelling "BAD DAD"...

Now I have to sweep the floor. :rolleyes:...again...

This bird is driving me :wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
LOL. At least he's not biting you. ;) I love that he calls you dad. Elvis just calls me, and everyone else, Elvis.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Hehe cheeky Milton! You should get milty his own be XP!

Pickles and peanut like the bed too. Well they like to try and pull the bottom sheet off and think I don't notice!

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Dexter was driving me crazy too! I was cutting up cardboard boxes to make toys for him, and he was determined to grab the boxes and rip them out of my hands. If i grab a new box and let him have the first one, he drops the box I have him and grabs my new one! I tried handing him all his favorite toys, which he took and immediately threw as far as possible, grabbing for my box. He then decided to scream whenever I wouldn't let him take the box from me. After an hour of trying to cut up boxes, I put him in his cage for bedtime (which he was now 20 minutes late for) while I finished the boxes. It was like 6 boxes. I spent 10 minutes on each box.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Bad Dad!:lol:
Better the paper than your finger!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
He is trying to get even with you!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
He wanted to play hide and seek...Bad Dad!:rofl:
Milty's been a bit hormonal lately...he'll run under blankets, in between pillows, etc, then poke his head out and click, suggestively.

It's like he's saying, "This would make a nice nest!"...:jawdrop1:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Silly Milton! :lol:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Awww how do you not lay down on the bed and snuggle into the pillows with him!? What a cutie! I would have such a hard time getting anything done with him around! Oh wow! :heart:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Dexter was driving me crazy too! I was cutting up cardboard boxes to make toys for him, and he was determined to grab the boxes and rip them out of my hands. If i grab a new box and let him have the first one, he drops the box I have him and grabs my new one! I tried handing him all his favorite toys, which he took and immediately threw as far as possible, grabbing for my box. He then decided to scream whenever I wouldn't let him take the box from me. After an hour of trying to cut up boxes, I put him in his cage for bedtime (which he was now 20 minutes late for) while I finished the boxes. It was like 6 boxes. I spent 10 minutes on each box.
I"m sure it wasn't at the time, but this is hysterical! :laugh: It's funny how they always want what you have. It doesn't matter if you give them the same thing or not. Too funny!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
He has to be cuter than cute!:rofl:
I LIKE....love it.....BAD DAD tearing the paper to bits (probably thinking this is dad's favorite coat lol).

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Awww how do you not lay down on the bed and snuggle into the pillows with him!? What a cutie! I would have such a hard time getting anything done with him around! Oh wow! :heart:
You're right about that...it's hard not to stop everything and just interact with him at the time. The problem is that nothing would get done, because I could spend the whole day with Milty.
I've tried throughout Milt's time with us for him to "elvove" so to speak...to become more independent of us for interaction, play, etc...with no real results. He came to us being attached ..."imprinted," so to speak with people. 15 years of prior life has been impossible for us to overcome, although we'll keep trying for Milty to have "big boy pants"...
I wish you could get a video of Milton doing that routine.
I hear you. I've been trying to get pictures of Milton for a possible project with another roadie for the last three weeks. All I'm getting are white blurrs with a black thing (beak) in pictures...

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Big boy pants :rofl: awww....honestly I would never get anything done! My Rascal lovebird before we got her a mate I did spend my whole day with him. Then cleaning upstairs I linked some plastic coat hangers together for him to play on, I ended up lying on the bed watching him! I played with that little bird all day every day! He would play hide & seek in the house! He was a riot! My husband got him a friend because he said I was paying more attention to the bird than my husband! And he was right! My husband wasn't too happy when I said "but the bird is FUN"!

SO when we got Freddy my late husbands friend said "this bird will get A LOT OF ATTENTION, are you ready for that?" HAHAHA but Joe loves Freddy as much as I do. Thank god!!
And just like before, I haven't been getting much done, but....I will eventually lol!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Way to go Milton! Your such a lucky fella!

Had to have a good laugh just the same! :p

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
:hehe:
I love Milton.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award