• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Making headway with Miss Riti

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
for the longest time (like a year) Miss Riti wanted nothing to do with me, I was just the "Hired Help" fit only to bring her food and treats. But after she had the vet trip for the egg binding problem I have been working with her more and more. I have also done something I have tried not to ever do with any of Da Boyz...I pushed her harder that she liked at times. And it seems to have worked. She's putting her head down at times for scritches. She's been climbing up on my foot (I live alone and let them all play on the floor in the birdroom BUT I stay sitting down and if I do get up I take a full "Head Count" before standing up). Well today she climbed up a little be more than before...like into my LAP!!! She then hopped over to my other leg and started looking around and decided the trashcan was a nice place to check out. Of course while I was typing this she started calling and I had to stop and go scritch her head for about 10 minutes.

After working with a little one as long as I have with her it's a wonderful feeling when there's a burst of trust and headway.

But she is getting a bit "Trashy" at times.

TrashyBiry.jpg

Excuse Me..just who are YOU calling Trashy?

excuseme.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
A year?! :blink: I'm so happy that little redhead's warming up to you. Especially wanting scritches? :loveshower: Yay!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
It can definitely take time, but the time and effort you put in is so worth the payoff. I'm so happy for both of you :heart::heart::heart:

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
My thoughts on this are that I brought her home and I owe her all the time and work it takes to be sure she has a good and happy life. Seeing such a active bird stuck in a cage just breaks my heart. So I work and work to get her to come out and I will continue to work with her. It's been a game of 2 steps forward 1 1/2 back. but we will get there.