• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~~Macaw Weigh In~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I know how big those stands are, and that BG is HUGE lol

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I bet he is pretty muscular with all that flying. I guess when you look at others weights, you automatically start to worry.
My girl doesn't fly usually, maybe thats why she is bigger. When we first got her, she was 980. She had a seed diet, now that she eats Harrisons, she gained weight.

Me too!!!
Its funny how bird obsessed we are that we are even interested in how much they weigh and WHY lol It's like when you have a baby, the weight is such a big deal.
I dunno...because isn't muscle suposed to weigh more than fat?? :lol::hehe: He does have a firm chest.

I know how big those stands are, and that BG is HUGE lol
YOU AIN'T KIDDING!!! Holy moely! That is a massive B&G! How stunning!!! :swoon:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
My BG was free, but as you know, NOTHING in this world is free lol

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Maybe when they are offered for "free" it should be:

"For Sale, $1000's of dollars of expenses every year for the rest of your life, we will throw in a big bird to make this offer more attractive"

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
I am absolutely in LOVE with this bird! Who is it again? I need more pics & info :heart::cool::p
He was a rescue that I had about 2 years ago. He is 9 years old now. He lives with a wonderful family in Erie. He is their only bird (can I say spoiled rotten)...lol

Attachments

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
He was a rescue that I had about 2 years ago. He is 9 years old now. He lives with a wonderful family in Erie. He is their only bird (can I say spoiled rotten)...lol
Absolutely stunning! I'm so glad he ended up in a home where he is spioiled :swoon:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I just ordered a Sterling Avian scale today straight from the company. As soon as it arrives I can get better weights on everyone. My scale was way off. Beautiful macaws in this thread!

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
I got my scale yesterday and from what I can tell from the nanosecond that E will stand still, he weighs 889 g. he is about 7 mos old. That really puts it into perspective when I put Mo on there and he weighs 61 g lol.

Dana64

Walking the driveway
We rescued our female Greenwing Maya on November 20th, 2009 and she weighed 1000 grams... I just weighed her now and she weighs 1142 grams!!!!!

She was very underweight when we got her... she was being fed budgie pellet ONLY.

So I am VERY happy!!!! :dance4:

Edited to correct which millennium Maya was hatched in!! LOL

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
On the new Sterling scale~
Sheba 1182
Holly 401<<<She has lost a lot of weight since weaning. 43 gms,according to dr's scale when she was sick.:( When should this begin to even out?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Wow, he looks huge. He's a handsome fella too. You can really see the difference in the sexes sometimes, can't you? The females usually have a slimmer head. Here's a pic of my gal just for comparison (when I posted this pic of her earlier, folks were guessing she was male. But if you look at her head compared to this big male, you can really see the diff. IMO):
I agree. I think I can peg some adult's sex. The black throat patch also seems to be more prominent to me in males.

Dana64

Walking the driveway
Our Blue & Gold, Raja, was Sweet 16 yesterday and I weighed her. When I weighed before the holidays she weighed about 940 grams. Yesterday, she weighed 1000 grams. She is also going through another massive molt... her second one since September... I expected her weight to be down, considering the stress of the molt... but was happy to see it up...

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
We rescued our female Greenwing Maya on November 20th, 2009 and she weighed 1000 grams... I just weighed her now and she weighs 1142 grams!!!!!

She was very underweight when we got her... she was being fed budgie pellet ONLY.

So I am VERY happy!!!! :dance4:

Edited to correct which millennium Maya was hatched in!! LOL
Yah Maya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.