• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw Nest Box Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
I posted a thread seeking advise about artificial nest box design on the breeders road. I'm making a lot of progress getting them up in that I have our local Audubon's support, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife's position on the installation (allowed for research purposes if I don't touch the macaws), and the sites selected and approved. The next thing is selecting the proper design- so far artificial nest boxes were rejected by blue and yellows in Peru probably because of design or materials. If any aa members have experience or thoughts about blue and yellow's preferences please respond here or on the Breeders thread.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Last edited:

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Forwarded it to Janice - Just tried e bay to get some barrells- I want to put up 4 designs altogether so a wine barrell would be excellent and not to hard to modify. Also I think the Old Parrot Jungle used that type so maybe the macaws might recognize the shape. Also a thought if any one wants to donate an old box I'll pay for shipping. One of the designs should be a commercial box and I'd prefer using one that the macaws could see that it was chewed upon by other macaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.