• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw Breeders In Miami/Florida Keys/South Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridamingo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marina
I do have a few breeders, have talked to some and plan to visit them soon, but does anyone here know of a macaw breeder in the south Florida area? I live in the Lower Keys, the closer WOULD be better, however I'm willing to go up to Miami, Homestead and around there to find a good breeder.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
& you definitely do not want to have the bird shipped to you?

MacDaddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Bob
What species? Have you looked on birdbreeders.com or upatsix.com?

floridamingo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marina
& you definitely do not want to have the bird shipped to you?
Yeah, I'd prefer to go see the baby. This is my first macaw so I'd feel better to go see it before I get it.

What species? Have you looked on birdbreeders.com or upatsix.com?
I'm between Scarlet, B&G, Catalina or Harlequin, though in the end I just want a baby that's friendly and healthy. I haven't checked those sites, will do that right now!

MacDaddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Bob
Yeah, I'd prefer to go see the baby. This is my first macaw so I'd feel better to go see it before I get it.

I'm between Scarlet, B&G, Catalina or Harlequin, though in the end I just want a baby that's friendly and healthy. I haven't checked those sites, will do that right now!
For a first macaw, I would recommend the B&G. Have you done any reading on your choices?

floridamingo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marina
For a first macaw, I would recommend the B&G. Have you done any reading on your choices?
Yeah, I have been (for the past few years, actually) and have been leaning towards a B&G. Also thanks for the sites, I did find a few more breeders c:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I would go with the macaw you like. If everyone went with a blue and gold as a starter macaw I could see problems arising from that. So get the macaw you like. I personally love scarlet macaws :) :heart:

floridamingo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marina
I would go with the macaw you like. If everyone went with a blue and gold as a starter macaw I could see problems arising from that. So get the macaw you like. I personally love scarlet macaws :) :heart:
Yupyup, hence why I'd rather go and see the babies and pick out the friendly one. I don't really care about the color so much as if it's a friendly baby <3

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
This site is great to find a breeder:

BirdsnWays - Breeders of Exotic Birds - State: Florida

I got my Picaso from a small breeder in Tampa, had to drive 7 hours but it was worth it! I got to meet his parents and siblings from another clutch, and his sister from his clutch. It was nice to get to meet them all and know they came from a nice big cage and that the breeders treat their birds with love.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Just know when you visit the babies, they may be beaky, its a macaw thing, especially in babies :D

floridamingo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Marina
This site is great to find a breeder:

BirdsnWays - Breeders of Exotic Birds - State: Florida

I got my Picaso from a small breeder in Tampa, had to drive 7 hours but it was worth it! I got to meet his parents and siblings from another clutch, and his sister from his clutch. It was nice to get to meet them all and know they came from a nice big cage and that the breeders treat their birds with love.
Tampa is a little far. My gram lives there, though, so we go there a few times a year. Might check it out, thanks!

Just know when you visit the babies, they may be beaky, its a macaw thing, especially in babies
Haha, thanks a lot for the heads-up. I've been reading up on how to get them to be gentle, I recently got bit by a green wing (though I know he wasn't being mean, it still hurt!). I have PLENTY of time to be with the baby so I can teach him/her to be a good boy/girl :)

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have a friend..she is the greatest breeder I have ever known. She is in FL, but not south. She ships. Let me know if you want her number.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
sent a pm

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I have a friend..she is the greatest breeder I have ever known. She is in FL, but not south. She ships. Let me know if you want her number.
FYI: I know who Carole is talking about & I am friends with her as well. Was going to suggest her but I read you didn't want to have your baby shipped. For what it is worth I HIGHLY recommend her as well. 200% your baby will come to you sweeter than sugar & trained a bit.

maxg765

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Max
FYI: I know who Carole is talking about & I am friends with her as well. Was going to suggest her but I read you didn't want to have your baby shipped. For what it is worth I HIGHLY recommend her as well. 200% your baby will come to you sweeter than sugar & trained a bit.

Hello,

I know this thread is almost 1 year old but I hope that you are still both on line here plus this breeder you both speak of is still available.

This is my first post. I am very interested in this breeder's contact information. My family would like to adopt our first Macaw. Having young kids, ages 3 and 6, I want our new family member to be the right one from a reputable place. I live in North Miami Beach, South Florida but do not mind making a trip north when she would be ready for us. I do not believe I can receive PM's yet or reply to them as this is my first post but if you can kindly email me or post it on here it would be greatly appreciated. Or, please direct me on how you would like to communicate the contact information I would be happy to comply.
maxg765@gmail.com

Thank you in advance,

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.