• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mabel and Jeff - Progress

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Poor little Mabel! Well I hope there are no more of those, and it’s cute how Jeff is unfazed. Mabel doesn’t look like she lost any beauty sleep! :heart:

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Awww poor Mabel! :( I’m glad she wasn’t too phased by it though, and hopefully the new nightlight keeps them away for good!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww poor Mabel! :( I’m glad she wasn’t too phased by it though, and hopefully the new nightlight keeps them away for good!
Yeah, this is only the second since I got them and I feel that late nights play a significant role there. So we'll see!

She was mostly bothered about her wing feathers missing and bloody (yellow feathers = mess!). She's a very fussy lady who likes to look perfect, if a feather is out of place she will meticulously fix it so it's back in place! The short stubby wing definitely bugs her. Jeff meanwhile has had a dodgy floof under his wing for AGES and I am dying for him to preen it cos it's driving me up the wall :arghh:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Mabel honey you still look perfectly beautiful!!

Isn’t it funny how different their personalities are? I wonder if that’s a hen thing- the constant fussy preening? Jo is like that... always preening and then posing :p Loki on the other hand can have a floof stick to him for hours and he just doesn’t care. He also doesn’t mind when he has food stuck to him which Jo can NOT handle! The other day he had some sprouts under his “chin” for quite some time and he couldn’t care less....Jo will wipe herself off on the closest surface IMMEDIATELY when that happens!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mabel honey you still look perfectly beautiful!!

Isn’t it funny how different their personalities are? I wonder if that’s a hen thing- the constant fussy preening? Jo is like that... always preening and then posing :p Loki on the other hand can have a floof stick to him for hours and he just doesn’t care. He also doesn’t mind when he has food stuck to him which Jo can NOT handle! The other day he had some sprouts under his “chin” for quite some time and he couldn’t care less....Jo will wipe herself off on the closest surface IMMEDIATELY when that happens!
Yeah it's so funny! She is always SO picture perfect and ready for her close up...Jeff on the other hand...he's a different story! Although he does keep his beak clean! It's just his feathers he doesn't care about...

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is the face of two birds eating their PELLETS! I sprinkled a nutriberry in with pellets, which gave them the experience of foraging, which made it more attractive than just plain pellets.

IMG_20200304_092540.jpg

Harrisons Adult Lifetime Fine is clearly the way forward! He must be happy about it cos he has literally not stopped singing since I got up this morning!

Also, dodgy wing or not, my happy helper still takes up residence in her usual desk-side spot:

IMG_20200304_093016.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aww I missed that Mabel has a night fright. Glad not too much damage done. I´m loving all the videos of Jeff and Mabel! Maybe one day she will come down and get that millet... :)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww I missed that Mabel has a night fright. Glad not too much damage done. I´m loving all the videos of Jeff and Mabel! Maybe one day she will come down and get that millet... :)
Yeah she was a bit miffed and quiet for a day or two but she has perked up! She's still not as shouty as she usually is in the mornings but she isn't any less active, normal poops, eating like a pig as she always does!

Incidentally, I can't get over what a BRILLIANT mood Jeff has been in today! Singing the whole day (albeit not always/rarely in tune :laughin:) but he is a seriously chirpy boy! Or just a bit randy hahaha

Last edited: