• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lutino sexing

Cockatielmamaw

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
20180508_170723.jpg 15258140399691026763781.jpg 15258141545131872045928.jpg I would like input on whether this baby could be a male or female. The person wanting this bird is hoping for female. But I'm not sure. Input?

Cassandra.c87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cassandra
What are the parents? that may help in sexing

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If the parents are Sammy - light pied, and Sundance - cinnamon pied, then guaranteed that the lutino chick is female.

Cockatielmamaw

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I did not know that Sundance was a cinnamon pied. I thought she was lutino. But thank you very much. It is a very vocal, sweet baby.

Cockatielmamaw

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
You are absolutely right. I get really confused with all this mutation genes. Thank you again. The new parent will love her.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Generally speaking, lutinos will not have any dark coloration on them. (like the chick) Since both parents are pieds, that explains why all the chicks are also pied. With one of the chicks also be cinnamon, this would indicate that the father is split cinnamon himself.

In truth, she is a lutino pied, and if she ever grows "dirty feathers" that don't wash clean, that also indicates she's cinnamon.

Cockatielmamaw

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
Is there any possible way she could be a he? All white with yellow crest. Not seeing any stripes under tail, is all solid. And no spots under wings. The people that want this chick specifically wants a lutino female. She, he is very friendly.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
You might not be able to see the spots and bars because she's a lutino pied. She does not appear to be a clear pied at all. I mean, if she has red eyes and/or were born with plum colored eyes, she is no doubt a female.

Cockatielmamaw

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
She Definetly has the red eyes. Thank you for your answer. I am confident she is a she now and she is going to a wonderful new home soon.