• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Luna the buzz saw

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
One little bird can make so much mess in a day. She's been chewing on and off all day. On everything. Including a wooden doorframe, which now has chips missing from it.

Some of the evidence (consisting mostly of the remnants of a balsa and cork toy from Tweetie pies)

image.jpeg

She hasn't been in her cage most of the day, but still her cage is a mess.

image.jpeg

About half an hour after I took these, she'd made double the amount of mess around Anakin's cage as well. She's buzzed through so much cork, her feathers are even a little off colour. She's so tiny! How can one bird make so much mess!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

She was pretty pleased with her efforts, in any case.

image.jpeg
(Look at those grubby feathers)

image.jpeg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Hey a small saw can cut as much wood as a big saw it just takes a little longer.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Aw, she was just trying to help make confetti to celebrate having such a great home and so many fun toys. :heart:
Super cute, I adore her precious expressions.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a cutie. :)

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She looks so blissfully happy and accomplished! :laughing2:

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
One little bird can make so much mess in a day. She's been chewing on and off all day. On everything. Including a wooden doorframe, which now has chips missing from it.

Some of the evidence (consisting mostly of the remnants of a balsa and cork toy from Tweetie pies)

View attachment 246400

She hasn't been in her cage most of the day, but still her cage is a mess.

View attachment 246403

About half an hour after I took these, she'd made double the amount of mess around Anakin's cage as well. She's buzzed through so much cork, her feathers are even a little off colour. She's so tiny! How can one bird make so much mess!

View attachment 246404

View attachment 246405

She was pretty pleased with her efforts, in any case.

View attachment 246408
(Look at those grubby feathers)

View attachment 246406

Hello,

OMG, I have a lovebird that looks SOO similar to your blue one. My sister thought that was a picture of our lovebird. So I have a question for you, yours looks soo friendly he/she lets you touch his cheek. My blue one will squeak if we touch him and rub him. However my peach face lovebird will let us touch her as much as we want. Is there a way to make them more friendly?

BTW, they're adorable!

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Hello,

OMG, I have a lovebird that looks SOO similar to your blue one. My sister thought that was a picture of our lovebird. So I have a question for you, yours looks soo friendly he/she lets you touch his cheek. My blue one will squeak if we touch him and rub him. However my peach face lovebird will let us touch her as much as we want. Is there a way to make them more friendly?

BTW, they're adorable!
It's better to go with the flow and let them set the pace. You can't force them to be more friendly with you. Some birds are just not hands on, and will never like being touched. Others just need to warm up to it. It is possible that he is going through a moult and you rubbing his face is irritating the pin feathers. Luna, my violet PFLB, has always been super hands on and affectionate with me. She's a sweetheart. Baby bird:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwwwww Luna is so sweet my teeth hurt.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
What great pic of a sweet bird :)

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's soooo ridiculously cute!

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
It's better to go with the flow and let them set the pace. You can't force them to be more friendly with you. Some birds are just not hands on, and will never like being touched. Others just need to warm up to it. It is possible that he is going through a moult and you rubbing his face is irritating the pin feathers. Luna, my violet PFLB, has always been super hands on and affectionate with me. She's a sweetheart. Baby bird:

View attachment 246638

View attachment 246639

View attachment 246642

View attachment 246644
They're adorable. Yeah, hes friendly he plays A LOT, but he just doesn't like humans touching him a lot. Unlike the girl she LOVES when people touch her. And she sleeps under our neck just like that little blue bird does.
I really like Luna's head though it's a dark green. Really cute bird!

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
look at her go!!

she's redecorating for you! ;) I'd say she's doing a marvelous job at it too! such a cute little girl! tell her congrats on her redecorating and I'd love to see pictures when she's done!!

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
They're adorable. Yeah, hes friendly he plays A LOT, but he just doesn't like humans touching him a lot. Unlike the girl she LOVES when people touch her. And she sleeps under our neck just like that little blue bird does.
I really like Luna's head though it's a dark green. Really cute bird!
Luna has a coupl of wing feathers that are a little green, but actually the rest of her is just white, grey, and blue. Her head is blue and white. :)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Resting after a hard day's demolition :hehe:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Luna, you make "messy" look like a dream. Sherbie's cage is a complete disaster zone by the end of the day.

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
This made me laugh, I vaccum abd mopped yesterday, got home from work today and tge evil twins had managed to get stuff everywhere. We are talking 1,5 m away from cage. I dont know how they do it but they are good at making a mess

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is so helpful decorating for you like that! :D she's such a cute birb :xflove: i love all the pics thou posted:heart: