• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucy and the time change

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
First off this was my fault, but dang it hurts lol
Lucy didnt care what time my clock said, she knew it wasnt her normal time for bed and I paid for it.
She did tell me she loved me after I covered her cage......brat

Img_1842.jpg

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Its going to be a rough week. Geez I hate the time change.

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
OMG, I hate the spring one. Sam goes absolutely looney. He can't figure out why it is still light out when he wants to go to bed. Thank goodness for blackout curtains!

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I’m the bad momma and let them choose their own bedtime. Walter is very good at going in his cage when he wants to sleep..that is usually around 10 and I don’t uncover or disturb him until 10 the next morning.
I didn’t even notice what time he went to bed last night!

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Well tonight she gets to choose when she goes to bed. Most nights she goes in her cage and tells me its time for night night.
Last night she knew it was too early according to her clock. Eyes pinned tail flared and dummy me puts hand up there.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella is grumpy also. But that was also because I had to work 7 days in a row last week and had some late nights. Now she is complaining that I am spending too much time typing and not enough time scritching. What Bella doesn't know (don't tell her) that I am holding a brunch on Sunday and she is going to get homemade waffles.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Ouch!

Knowing the problems surrounding time changes, I keep the birds on the same schedule...wake up time becomes 7:30, rather than 6:30....play times with each of the birds are an hour later...bedtime is 7:30 PM, rather than 6:30.

Since we're both retired, we can do that...I know with people's work schedules and such that others can't....

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
I woke up at what should have been my usual time on Sunday morning, but the clock disagreed; it insisted it was an hour later. :sour: The "spring forward" change always throws me off for several days. Unlike me, neither parrot seems to be bothered by the switch from standard time to daylight saving time or the change back in the fall.

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine always get extra obnoxious a few weeks before and after the time change in the spring. I'm pretty sure its hormones. The females scream and get excited over every little thing, the males scream a little and mostly just want to kill me.