• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird Study Tips :)

Tarnished

Meeting neighbors
So I made a discovery this morning!!

Normally I like watching my lectures with Miss Prim, however she loves eating my computer as I pay more attention to the computer than her :rolleyes:

Anyway, I learnt that if I lay down a piece of paper and tear it as I watch the lecture she follows suit and begins shredding- therefore leaving mama in peace to study :coffeescreen:

Does anyone else have tips for keeping a lovebird close but non destructive???

p.s. I've noticed Prim is shredding long pieces of paper and attempting to shove them between her feathers. Is she attempting next building? She doesn't seem to be any more agressive....

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep, nesting - and her mama is encouraging her! Maybe give her something harder to tuck?

They're so endearing. I love seeing Snerky destroy things!

Tarnished

Meeting neighbors
Should I not encourage this??? She doesn't actually managed to tuck any of it in her feathers- they all fall out lol

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Should I not encourage this??? She doesn't actually managed to tuck any of it in her feathers- they all fall out lol
People have varying opinions on it. Paper in particular seems to ramp up the nesting instinct (maybe because it's so easy to shred and tuck) but at the same time I think they can get frustrated if there's no outlet. So maybe give her a toy to work on that allows her to shred, but isn't as easy as paper? But you know her and her level of nesting instinct. I'm just sharing my experiences and observations. :)