• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird Baby issues

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
Hello everyone,
so 3 of my lovebirds eggs have hatched but she laid them in a triangle in her cage like this one: birdhouse inn texture

But today one of the babies fell down on the floor and the husband lovebird was trying to save the baby but wasn't able too so instead I put the baby back in the triangle house and the mother sat on it again.

My problem is what if it falls again? What should I do?
Shall I expand the triangle for her on the floor or...? I'm so confused and really need some help.

I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Try moving it down a bit and put some soft padding on the ground underneath in case of a fall.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Edit: other may be able to comment, but mama bird might not like you moving the nest, so perhaps just put blankets down.

Mango+Mushi

Meeting neighbors
@LunaLovebird thanks for your advice I think i'm going to lower it a bit, and yes I put a lot of padding using hay. I couldn't use blankets or towels though because Mango, the mother has exteremly long nails, unfortunately, i didn't know she would have chicks so I got a bit lazy to get her nails trimmed. But thanks again for getting back to me, appreciate it.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
What if you layered towels on the bottom and covered them with paper towel to conceal it? Just a thought.