• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Love Those Crazy Senegal Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
A Birdy Butler is a drinking bottle for birds which has an accuator pin which needs to be manipulated for the water to be released from the bottle and be available for the bird to drink. The valves are always one way only so that the stuff the bird has in their beak or on their tongue never gets back in the water bottle and the water is therefore always fresh and non-contaminated. Birds, Etc. - nest boxes , breeding boxes , and Bird Butler water bottles for parrots This link will show you pictures of the Birdie Butlers. They are rather expensive, but definitely fool proof for all the birds I have had, Amazons to canaries.

They have heavy duty stainless steel and valves for really strong birds and they also have brass variable pressure valves for smaller birds on down to finches. In my opinion they are the most reliable and cleanest water bottles one can use. The larger bottles also have almost foolproof mountings so larger, smarter birds cannot get them off the cage and dump them.

juliashmulia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julia
Sounds great! I recently bought a water bottle for Silas. He uses his water dish as a toilet, and I was concerned he was drinking the poo water in the middle of the night (my birds are only in their cages for sleep). The one I bought came with a flimsy wire attachment though, and it looks like it's gonna fall off any second. Thanks for the info about the Birdy Butler. I think I might invest in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.