• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for new cages for my IRNs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBaby

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
Anyone know anything about this cage? I have no idea on the brand or what model it is or anything. I've looked it up on ebay, various online bird stores, and no luck. Price wise, it's in our budget.

http://nibleybirdfarm.co.uk/images/play-cage.jpg

It caught my eye because it has what I think they'd like. A play gym, plenty of space, and something I like: seed guards. I think it looks real nice. They've been sharing a cage for some time (since they were young), an HQ 13221 cage. Skye is now 2 and Anakin is 15 months old. I have decided it's time to separate them. I keep plenty of toys and two food and two water dishes in there. I'm home every day and there's no sign of any kind of aggression. I have been keeping a very close eye on them. I would like to give them their own space now. Anakin will stay in the HQ cage and Skye would go in that house cage I linked to. I am planning to upgrade Anakin's cage to the same one Skye would get as well at some point down the road.

Thanks folks!

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
This was my DREAM cage for Prudence before she came home and I wanted it SOOOOOO bad!!! But I couldnt find a Canadian Supplier :( But this cage is at Dr. Fosters & Smith website and they ship. Its like $400 I think. I still wish I could get it :(

SkyBaby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
This was my DREAM cage for Prudence before she came home and I wanted it SOOOOOO bad!!! But I couldnt find a Canadian Supplier :( But this cage is at Dr. Fosters & Smith website and they ship. Its like $400 I think. I still wish I could get it :(
The only dual top cage I saw on there was a dome/play-top for medium-large birds. 7/8inch bar spacing. I think that might be a bit too wide for my fids.

I'm beginning to wonder if this cage I posted a link to in my original post is by one of the companies that went outta business recently or is otherwise being discontinued. There's a bunch on ebay, just no one lists the brands there. :(

I showed my hubby the picture of this cage, and he was like "wow! get this one!" lol I think this might be the cage, but I'm still doing some research.

SkyBaby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
is it a Montana cage? It looks like one...
for my IRN I have this one
Montana Villa Casa II Bird / Flight Cage | JustCages.co.uk
never put on the roof, looks rediculous...
all I can say about Montana cages is that they're excellent quality, easy to clean and durable.
That one looks cool, too! I'm in the US though. :( I finally found the brand of the cage I want in the website you posted. Sounds like it's really high quality. It's available on eBay brand new and in my area! Seems like this seller actually has a warehouse of new cages he sells, so he'll always have them. ^_^

Sparkles

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Iskra
If you could get it, I recomend it. I had to drive to Austria for mine(4 hour drive...) but not sorry at all. As far as I know, Montana is an american brand, mine was shipped from US to England and than to shop in Austria and than I got it.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
Its an A&E cage brand, and I would check the bar spacing as I believe that most can be too large for IRN's. I am sure they come in 3/4" spacing..

this one has 1" LARGE PLAY TOP IRON BIRD PARROT FINCH CAGE MACAW - eBay (item 150494152123 end time Sep-18-10 20:14:37 PDT)

Or this one with 5/8" (not sure though as Ive never ordered from them, most I have seen have 3/4"): CageWorld - Big selection of Small Animal Cages - Free Shipping

This one might be more appropriate:
A&E Cage Co. Small Split Level House Bird Cage with Divider - PC-4226D

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
I am also in the market for a new cage for an IRN and I agree that 7/8 might be too big for ringnecks. I think 3/4 would work, but that might even be pushing it a bit. I'm still researching cages as well ;) Good luck!

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
i think the "house" part is too narrow for an IRN's tail! the bottom half and side half is great though just that top half that looks like a house roof Is too narrow for their long tails and they will use that area and will break their tail feathers off

we were looking at one similar for our Quakers when we first got them , similar to the dome top one Drs Foster and smith has - it was actually from them only the other side wasn't dome top it was flat they don't have it now and i can't seem to find a picture of it

Status
Not open for further replies.