• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for Hahn's Macaw (mini macaw) breeder

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Robin8888

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Robin

Doublete

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katie
Thank you for trying but there is no trains where I am. Las Vegas has no train service.
Is she a breeder? I had heard about a breeder in Washington. Heard she was very good.
Read the post. I believe it's just a member looking to rehome.

The "train" spoken of is where members help transport the bird to it's been home THUS creating a TRAIN.

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
Read the post. I believe it's just a member looking to rehome.

The "train" spoken of is where members help transport the bird to it's been home THUS creating a TRAIN.
Thanks I didn't understand that LOL I thought you meant ship the bird by train. Sorry still new here & learning.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
There was a member in Arizona that was looking to adopt the hahns, and if things could have worked out, I would have helped to transport from Washington to maybe San Francisco. We just didn't have anyone that could pick up from there and drive towards Arizona, nor was it ever worked out.

If it would have worked out, Charlie would have to have been driven from eastern Washington to western Washington (I was near Seattle). I would have then brought him back to northern Nevada with me temporarily, then taken to either Sacramento or San Francisco. From there, he would have then needed to be driven through the state of Nevada and to Arizona, or driven straight down California and over to Arizona. (just to give you an idea)

I'm not sure what the situation is currently like though.

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
thank you for sharing that info.
I didn't know about this site I am checking it out.
But the hahn's is gone.
I did check it out nothing near me but did see one in California.
Went to the website for the rescue. Rescue will not ship & you have to live in the state. :(
Here is the 1st thing on there adoption policy

Parrots First’s Adoption Policy:

We do not ship birds within or outside of the State of California. You must live within driving distance of an authorized representative of Parrots First for your application to be considered.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
There's also Mickaboo. I know not what you are looking for.... but they do adopt out of state. It's a little harder though, since they want new adopters to take classes first, which are held in California....

Gigi - macaw-Hahns

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did Mickaboo change their policy? I didn't thing they adopted outside of CA.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I've actually inquired about adopting through Mickaboo before, as I live in Nevada. They told me they do it all the time and have people who fly in to take the courses and visit the birds. They've also talked about having Mickaboo representatives in other states that could do home visits, doing phone and Skype interviews, etc...

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Which does conflict with the information on their website... either it's old info or maybe they've since changed their policy again??? I'm not sure.

How To Adopt | Mickaboo

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
I have been looking at shelters out of state that maybe would be easier to adopt from.
I watch our local shelter everyday.

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
Well I was looking at AZ. & CA. on craigslist.
I found a Yellow Collared Macaw in AZ. It is at a rescue.
I tried calling but the mailbox was full couldn't leave a message so I emailed them.
I am waiting to here back if they would let me adopt out of state.
Trying not to get my hopes up because on their website it says you have to have AZ. id.

Last edited:

Gone2Nest

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Donna Needham
I can vouch for AZ parrots. Very healthy birds, and Dee is very professional.

My Hahn’s pair is working the nestbox, he’s feeding her, and she’s soliciting, but Ive not observed any mating yet. I love listening to them whispering “sweet nothings” from inside the nestbox!

Thenatural

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
John
Susan at Avalon breeds them.

Hahn's are great and cab learn free flight and be a great friend.

I lost a Hahn's 20 years ago because my little one opened the door and she flew off.

Broke my heart.

Avalon is one of the few you will not hear negative on.

I've talked to Linda more up there however ms Susan is no joke and those whom have dealt with her always speak highly.

One love

Aviarynut

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Roni
Thank you very much that is great to know.
It is great to talk to someone that has dealt with them.
It is between them & a breeder in Oklahoma if I decide on the Hahn's macaw.

If there is anything you can tell me about the Hahn's macaw I would appreciate it.
I had a Hahns she was a smart girl! She was potty trained and she knew her alphabet and how to count. She use to sleep with us too. She was my baby and she didn't mimic she actually had a thought pattern. Our vet was so impressed with her he told me she's a forever 3yr old. Can you keep me in the loop? I'd love to look into another Hahns

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
This is an old thread and the OP hasn't been logged in for a long time.
I want to note for anyone looking that The Gabriel Foundation has a number of Hahnsies for adoption.
FYI, The one in the hoodie on their Facebook page was incredible and has been adopted by a volunteer.
They do adopt out of state, but you need to make a visit here.

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
This is an old thread and the OP hasn't been logged in for a long time.
I want to note for anyone looking that The Gabriel Foundation has a number of Hahnsies for adoption.
FYI, The one in the hoodie on their Facebook page was incredible and has been adopted by a volunteer.
They do adopt out of state, but you need to make a visit here.
I am the one that originally posted.
I did get a baby Hahn's 2 years ago & last year took in 2 older Hahn's breeding pair.
Where is the Gabriel Foundations?

Robin8888

Real Name
Robin
I had a Hahns she was a smart girl! She was potty trained and she knew her alphabet and how to count. She use to sleep with us too. She was my baby and she didn't mimic she actually had a thought pattern. Our vet was so impressed with her he told me she's a forever 3yr old. Can you keep me in the loop? I'd love to look into another Hahns
Thank you I now have 3 Hahn's :) 1 baby 2 years old & an older breeding pair I took in.