• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for bottlebrush perches/more natural perches Canada

BananaBird

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Hi everyone. I’m wondering if there’s any good online places to order a wide variety of natural perches for small budgies, more specifically bottlebrush but really anything works. Thanks! Also I’m in Canada, so a Canadian place is preferred but if they aren’t too expensive I’ll consider other places.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks! I actually have several perches from things for wings, and I love them! I’m just looking for something a little bit longer and more variety also.
If you wanted to order from the states then I'd recommend @Mizzely store Lil Monsters Bird toys and Sarah's store Seriously Nutz she does absolutely gorgeous custom perches that can span the entire cage and they both have a lot of variety of perch types.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What sizes are you looking for?

Even in the US, bottlebrush is hard to get! I don't have of that unfortunately.

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
What sizes are you looking for?

Even in the US, bottlebrush is hard to get! I don't have of that unfortunately.
Something with a small diameter, like 1/2 -3/4 inch for my little budgies feet, I would like a couple full length ones but I may try making those myself. I don’t really know, I just wanted something kinda like this 1699125317926.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I do have some 1/2" and 3/4" stuff, but most of it is not branchy and currently I only have about 8" lengths in stock (except for a 12" long birch). I have more Cottonwood currently drying out that I may get longer pieces out, but I don't have an ETA of when those will be available.

Seriously Nutz does do custom length birch. Seriously Nutz - Birch Perches *Custom Size* - Custom Length Bird Perches for Aviaries and Cages. 12-72" Long

The Parrot Shop is a credible site.

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
I do have some 1/2" and 3/4" stuff, but most of it is not branchy and currently I only have about 8" lengths in stock (except for a 12" long birch). I have more Cottonwood currently drying out that I may get longer pieces out, but I don't have an ETA of when those will be available.

Seriously Nutz does do custom length birch. Seriously Nutz - Birch Perches *Custom Size* - Custom Length Bird Perches for Aviaries and Cages. 12-72" Long

The Parrot Shop is a credible site.
Your stuff is really beautiful! Especially the toys, I know some of them Tango would love. Now I know what’s on my Christmas list ;)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Your stuff is really beautiful! Especially the toys, I know some of them Tango would love. Now I know what’s on my Christmas list ;)
Thank you :heart:

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java branches usually have mutli branched ones available although there usually a bit slippery so I usually vet tape them if I buy them. I like barked dragonwood and cork perches too for my birds. I absolutely LOVE the grapevine perches @Mizzely carries in her store too so I've ordered a couple although they run out fast!

I've ordered from the Parrot Shop plenty of times, I find they have a really wide selection of things. Although I will say Things for Wings usually have the item for cheaper if they carry it (they're usually the cheapest I find for food and stuff too). I've also ordered from Exotic Wings and West Tropical Bird Studio a few times before since they also have a wider selection of perches and toys and some things are cheaper than the Parrot Shop. But I find the Parrot Shop as the easiest one stop store since they carry much of everything

Oliver's Garden is fantastic too! But I think the site is under maintenance at the moment

BananaBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Java branches usually have mutli branched ones available although there usually a bit slippery so I usually vet tape them if I buy them. I like barked dragonwood and cork perches too for my birds. I absolutely LOVE the grapevine perches @Mizzely carries in her store too so I've ordered a couple although they run out fast!

I've ordered from the Parrot Shop plenty of times, I find they have a really wide selection of things. Although I will say Things for Wings usually have the item for cheaper if they carry it (they're usually the cheapest I find for food and stuff too). I've also ordered from Exotic Wings and West Tropical Bird Studio a few times before since they also have a wider selection of perches and toys and some things are cheaper than the Parrot Shop. But I find the Parrot Shop as the easiest one stop store since they carry much of everything

Oliver's Garden is fantastic too! But I think the site is under maintenance at the moment
I was admiring the grapevine, they look really nice I’ll hopefully get some soon.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ive planted 2 bottlebrush trees/ shrubs! I hope one day they are large enough to harvest from!
They grow pretty fast here so I hope they do there too. My birds absolutely love the bottle brush I give them.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was admiring the grapevine, they look really nice I’ll hopefully get some soon.
The grapevine really are excellent! Easily my birds' faves. I find they prefer standing on them more than any other perches I have in their cages. I think it's because of the nice grip it offers (compared to jave or stripped dragonwood) and the varied grip size one perch offers. It's also been hard enough to withstand my conures biting at it :D

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The grapevine really are excellent! Easily my birds' faves. I find they prefer standing on them more than any other perches I have in their cages. I think it's because of the nice grip it offers (compared to jave or stripped dragonwood) and the varied grip size one perch offers. It's also been hard enough to withstand my conures biting at it :D
Oh man yall have no idea how freaking stoked I was when she first started carrying them. It was a type of perch id been yearning for,for years for one of our trusted vendors to carry again so when Shawna unveiled them I about lost my mind as I'm sure she remembers @Mizzely ;). Bosco instantly adored the ones I got for him and I believe his pics is on the page. I mean look at this happy boy when he was gnawing away.
20220831_192047.jpg

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh man yall have no idea how freaking stoked I was when she first started carrying them. It was a type of perch id been yearning for,for years for one of our trusted vendors to carry again so when Shawna unveiled them I about lost my mind as I'm sure she remembers @Mizzely ;). Bosco instantly adored the ones I got for him and I believe his pics is on the page. I mean look at this happy boy when he was gnawing away.
View attachment 436853
I'm pretty sure I only found Shawna was carrying them from one of your previous haul posts! :laugh:

Aww Bosco look at that sweet face! :xflove:

Here's Pico on one too! I still want at least a couple more for Sonny since most of the ones I currently have are in Pico's cage lol
20231024_191835.jpg

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm pretty sure I only found Shawna was carrying them from one of your previous haul posts! :laugh:

Aww Bosco look at that sweet face! :xflove:

Here's Pico on one too! I still want at least a couple more for Sonny since most of the ones I currently have are in Pico's cage lol
View attachment 436854
Ha so glad I could help you get some as well. Everyone should partake in the epicness that is Grapevine! Aww Pico look at you standing so majesticly on that fabulous perch!