• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a steam cleaner recommendation

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have been reading up on steam cleaners, as our previous one went to steam cleaner heaven. Would like to get one that has the ability to steam and suck up the dirty water, and which also comes with attachments that will be perfect for cleaning walls and birdie cages.

Any recommendations? I'm hoping to avoid having to squeeze out the dirty rags into the sink.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I have the Bissell Power Lifter. I have 4 larger type birds and 2 dogs to clean up after and this machine works great! For only $100 you can't beat it!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Is that a steam cleaner?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I just bought a SKG steam cleaner from my thriftshop/ Brand new all attachments still in plastic for $25. Its a 6 in 1 & can detach from handle to had held. I'm going to tackle the birds grates & use it to sanitize. Think you can get it for $70 at Amazon but this looked never used & had th warranty card & instructions.

One that extracted would be nice too but then is use would be limited.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for the info! It looks like you'd still have to remove the cloths and rinse them out by hand part way through cleaning, as I can't imagine that one cloth would remain clean enough to go over the floors, cage grates, etc. Was hoping that there was one that had 2 reservoirs plus attachments.

Let me know how you like the one you just bought.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
maybe google industrial or commercial steam cleaner? I thought they would all be carpet cleaners, now it has me thinking. They show them cleaning ovens! Would they work on a SS cage... I bought a commercial carpet cleaner years ago, it turned out to be a great purchase. It is over 10 years old and works like it did on the first day.
Pro5 Commercial Steam Cleaner. My Vapor Clean

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This steam cleaner looks amazing, but I'm in sticker shock!:shocking: