• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

lookie, im the luckiest person EVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
i adopted a cloumbian rainbow boa!!!
my favorite kind of snake and i found one, i cant belive it.

here she is or he

very friendly as boas are known for nippyness, he/she is not.
still in shock

TypingParrot

Rollerblading along the road
oh my, s/he is beautiful. We had a columbian red tail boa. I, myself, am partial to pythons.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Gorgeous! I love boas, someone couldn't pay me to take a python haha I've been bit and snapped at by one to many grumpy pythons.

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
acaully boas are concider the 'pitbull' of snakes, i hate using that ternnology, due to i have 2 pitts whom are sweet as can be. just like zons are 'pitbull' of parrots. but boas are known to be tempermental. i love the carpet pythons though.
and pied balls but im a boa guy. i love the picky ones haha:lol:

TypingParrot

I kept ball pythons and the one time I got bit was because I was a moron :p :lol: we would have company over to play games (usually scattergories) and our 3 1/2 female would hang out across my shoulders. She didn't even make herself into a necklace! Our (insert innappropriate adjective here) landlord decided when he found out we had her that tenants could not have a snake or any exotic pet, but he was okay with Mickey! what a (insert another adjective) :lol:

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
I've yet to be snapped at or bit by a boa which I guess is why I like them better. I adore red tail boas. We actually have a brazillian rainbow where I work right now. Kinda grumpy sometimes but I mean he's never bit anyone or even acted like he was going to.

ashbirdlady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christa
Won't or Doesn't he freak the birds out? Or is he in another area all together?
Christa

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
balhaha funny post, but sad story. im sorry to hear that happened. :hug8:

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
OH YEA!!!! and yes hes in my spare bedroom with cylax, my corn snake. seprate enclosers lol.
sam does his blurrrrrrrdadadada and bella jsut screams her butt off

Won't or Doesn't he freak the birds out? Or is he in another area all together?
Christa

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
"boas are known for nippyness" :omg: :faint: I don't know how you snake people do it!! :lol: I once had a 4 foot iguana, but he was mean!! He might have ruined my trust of reptiles. :p

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
I'd rather be bit by a 15 foot Burmese python then my Sampson. Anyday snake bites are way overrated. Parrot bites will break bones. Look at that sticky on bites from birds. No snake inflicts that kinda damage. And nippiness is just them striking. Not biting so muchI can't same the same for lizards. I'm not a lizard person. I usally feed em to my snakes as a treat.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! He/she is very pretty!

Matt

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
Fed her a rat today. She loved it :). Gonna feed baby cylax Tomarrow. (red, striped motley corn) He's still on pinkys though. Can't wait till he's bigger. He's only 12 inches lol. I call em worms haha

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Your snake is so prettyyyy! I am jealous of all the snake owners because I really would like to have one. =P

I used to have garter snakes when I was little but they got tumors and died. I didn't know anything about snakes back then though. I would love to have a corn snake now though. =D Dunno if I'd be able to handle a boa. lol

Conurekidd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Ryan
well clombians rainbows are on the smaller size for boas, females maxing at around 6ft iv personally never seen one over 3ft
my snake is the biggest iv seen of his species.. i cant wait till i get my red tail, dont know what morph, but excited.

they can reach 7ft and be as heavy as 10lbs.. i love going to the petstore and handling the stores snake. 11 ft female burm
shes heavy, lol but friendly..

although you shouldn buy from petstores, this ones a reptile based store, and the guy takes pride in his snakes..
so i spend alotta time there handling them.

you think you cant handle a boa?? there really simple, even the heavy set girls. just like birds you have to read them.
if there in shed or hungry, leave em be. well hungry feed em lol but shed, better left alone. after 2 days have passed (after he ate) boe is the sweetest snake ever.. hes striked at me once, but never bit me. as for corns i love there colours.
so many morphs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.