• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Look at these Saroj!

Status
Not open for further replies.

feebee

Jogging around the block
Wow awesome photos
I have the sx10is, can you tell me how to do that?!

ChromeScholar

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dan
I do all my color adjustment post-processing, on the computer. Better software than what's on the camera. I don't know about the SX10, but on the SX20, you get to it from the function button, as opposed to the menu button. It's under "my colors".

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
If you are referring to the top image being taken in the vivid mode ... well to me though it looks like it is not as clear looking and the detail does not look as great. I often especially with certain colors will tone it down a bit in Photoshop on the saturation. Still, if I had to choose one of those two photos, I would choose the bottom one. I must be unlike you guys when it comes to that sort of thing!!

ChromeScholar

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dan
On Canon cameras, all the vivid setting does is bump up the contrast and the saturation. If you don't shoot in vivid it's no big deal, as it can be done (and more precisely) using your processing software after the fact.

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
:D nice pics!
I have been playing around with mine, and learning the settings. I just got the SX20 IS :D
That is what I have, I really need to play around or find the manual lol. I want to learn how to use the manual settings but I really don't have a clue how to do it.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You can usually download the manual for the camera if you cant find yours. Start playing around with it. There are a lot of different settings in the function button.

Status
Not open for further replies.