• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Loki update

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
So its been about e months and Loki us doing great. She is going through this over preening phase and it hurts! She is very curious about other birds especially when she hears the call of another lovie. She seems to bot want to interact with other people and became a daddy's girl. She will let people hold her and cuddle but will run to me if there us an opening. She is slowly getting her white face it a really light peach forehead... although the peach is starting to look whiter so not sure if she will be a white faced or not. And of course i have pictures.

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oo pretty baby! Love her baby colors:heart: Fea still had his when I adopted him, I loved it:D He started molting the week I brought him home though:embarassed:
loki(love her name!) seems such a sweet girl:heart:
One thing does make me very anxious though and I just want to mention it out of concern:) Outside without restraint:o: Fëanor was clipped very shortly when he came home, but he could fly! Even before I started to work with him on flying he could fluffed quite somewhat, and with Some wind.. I don’t want to think about what could have happened! I would hate for little Loki to get into trouble:heart:

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Thank you for your concern Tikimyn and I understand where you are coming from. I'm just glad she doesn't spook easily.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
She is so precious!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thank you for your concern Tikimyn and I understand where you are coming from. I'm just glad she doesn't spook easily.
So are you going to change?

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
So are you going to change?
As far as what? I don't walk around her on my shoulder outside. If she is outside she is secure in her travel carrier but only time she us outside is from the car to a 1 min walk to the house or the bird store. It was a 2 min photo session in front of my door that i was very careful about. I wouldn't have done it if i was not confident in my bird.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
As far as what? I don't walk around her on my shoulder outside. If she is outside she is secure in her travel carrier but only time she us outside is from the car to a 1 min walk to the house or the bird store. It was a 2 min photo session in front of my door that i was very careful about. I wouldn't have done it if i was not confident in my bird.
Guess that answers my question :(

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I appreciate your concern. Photo sessions outside are a really rare occurance, that was the only one.:heart:
Thank you Brian. I had mine fly off because he was my first bird and the pet store said he was clipped and couldn’t fly. Two days later a neighbor brought him back saying he landed on her shoulder. He had become a biter in those two days. A decade later I looked at his band...it said ‘93 but I had bought him as a baby according to the pet store in ‘94! So I don’t know if he was the same one.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Okay that is a relief!:heart: There is a big difference between a small Photoshoot(what I expected) and long long walks without restraint:nervous: That would worry me sick:rolleyes: Glad she doesn’t spook easily either too! Fëanor doesn’t either but in the beginning he was quite spooky in new environments:xflove:

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Thank you Brian. I had mine fly off because he was my first bird and the pet store said he was clipped and couldn’t fly. Two days later a neighbor brought him back saying he landed on her shoulder. He had become a biter in those two days. A decade later I looked at his band...it said ‘93 but I had bought him as a baby according to the pet store in ‘94! So I don’t know if he was the same one.
That's crazy at least he has a good home. Lets hope #94 has had a good life as well. I've had birds all my life, 34 years, since my dad loves birds. Now that I have my own birds I've become hyper aware of my surrounding whenever my birds are outside in their carriers. My boys, sun conures, will let me know if they see something i cant see with low pitch grunts.