• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Little Sister Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
As some here know, two years ago come Halloween, I lost my sweet, brilliant heart bird, Zoe (RFM) to pulmonary hypersensitivity disorder. I was completely devastated and lost some faith in my ability to keep my parrots. Since then, I've seen a lot of life changes, made some tough choices, reorganized and taken some big steps... But the one constant was that loss, which had left a huge hole in my life.

Until last week, when the owners of Zoe's aging parents sent me a precious gift: Zoe's full sister... Chloe. :heart:

She's 12 weeks old, fledged and well flighted, but not quite fully weaned. She's small (a full hundred grams less than sis right now--and I'm not sure whether to be worried about that...) and has stress bars on the ends of her feathers (guess the handfeeder this time round didn't have Kevin's skill), but she's bright-eyed, eats well for me (two handfeedings a day right now w rehoming regression), and seems to be doing well here. Vet trip tbd, but soon.

I hope you'll welcome her as one of AA's own. It's been a long, heartbroken time coming...

20160915_202018.jpg

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Awww, what a SWEET Baby! Congratulations!:fairy::heart:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Chloe is beautiful. You can see the intelligence in that sweet face. Welcome to AA Chloe. And welcome to Holiday's heart. Congratulations.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@Holiday I'm so happy for you and Chloe. I've been concerned for you since losing Zoe and I'm sure Chloe is with you for a very good reason - to lighten the burden of your grief for Zoe. A heart bird can never be replaced, believe me I know, but a new love can be just that - a new love.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much, Elaine and Dawn. :hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Holiday I'm so happy for you and Chloe. I've been concerned for you since losing Zoe and I'm sure Chloe is with you for a very good reason - to lighten the burden of your grief for Zoe. A heart bird can never be replaced, believe me I know, but a new love can be just that - a new love.

Thanks, ML. You're right, of course.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
HOLIDAY :heart2::heart2::heart2: !!!!!

That will help mend your heart!

I miss Greg everyday, I question myself regarding it too. It means we loved them so much, it means they meant the world to us. If the loss was not painful, then we should worry.

100 grams is not much of a difference in baby parrots and stress bars... :D Maui was awful and had a great breeder. She will be brilliant after her first couple molts, you know that. :hug1:

I'm so happy for you. 100 :heart:'s to you and your flock! Do we get some flock photos? Trimmed with some Blue and Gold too? :laugh:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Yes, how's my favorite B&G, Elvis?

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
HOLIDAY :heart2::heart2::heart2: !!!!!

That will help mend your heart!

I miss Greg everyday, I question myself regarding it too. It means we loved them so much, it means they meant the world to us. If the loss was not painful, then we should worry.

100 grams is not much of a difference in baby parrots and stress bars... :D Maui was awful and had a great breeder. She will be brilliant after her first couple molts, you know that. :hug1:

I'm so happy for you. 100 :heart:'s to you and your flock! Do we get some flock photos? Trimmed with some Blue and Gold too? :laugh:

Thanks, Sarah, that eases my worry. :)

And, yes, pics soon. But E has been plucking some since Zoe died, and I struggle to get her feathered. Vet says nothing serious, though. Behavioral.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Holiday! I'm so very happy for you,I've really missed you and your flock on AA and I've always hoped you'd return. Then to see you not only return but with the happy news of a beautiful baby girl and being Zoe's sister just warms my heart so much <3. Welcome to AA Chloe you just got the best home possible,wishing you both many many happy and wonderful years together. I can't wait to see her grow up and come into her personality.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Thanks, Sarah, that eases my worry. :)

And, yes, pics soon. But E has been plucking some since Zoe died, and I struggle to get her feathered. Vet says nothing serious, though. Behavioral.

A new routine may help Elvissa. If not you will love her feathered or naked so no worries. She can join the completely spoiled and ugly BG club with Korbel. The club needs a leader anyhow. :laugh:

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
She is absolutely beautiful! Welcome to the AA family chloe!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Big Congrats, Holiday!

Welcome to the Avenue, beautiful Chloe!

Like your Mama said, you are now one of AA's own...:heart:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
OMGoodness! This is the best news I've heard in forever!

I still search out Zoe's video's "I'm sad and lonely" has to be one of my favorites.

I'm always afraid though to mention her in posts, so afraid that if you someday read one, your heart would be saddened all over again.

Zoe's sister! With you! Who'd have ever imagined that. Sometimes things happen that are just too mystifying to be understood.

I am so happy for you.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Congrats Holiday and baby Chloe! Chloe doesn't realize how lucky she is to have landed in your home!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congrats! She is so beautiful. I'm still devastated over the loss of my sweet Sunny. So I understand the struggle. I'm so happy that Chloe found you and hope that she brings you much happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.