• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lipoma, I Think

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am glad that her surgery went well!

Matt

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Rainbow came through her surgery like a champ! The tumor was a lipoma, a fatty tumor, with no muscle or bone involvement. The dr checked it out and didn't even recommend sending it in for analysis. :):):hug8::hug8::hug8:

Glad things went well at the vets! If in doubt though, it's always best to send in a sample for peace of mind.

My bourke hen had a large mass on her food and when my a-vet did a biopsy on it, it came back clear. We did laser surgery to remove it, and my a-vet didn't feel it was worth it to send the mass in, either... yet, I insisted, for peace of mind. It came back cancerous. And of course the mass grew back! Not as large as it previously was, but still, it's back, and I wont put her through surgery again, as it would probably kill her.

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Yay! I'm so glad that everything went well with surgery.

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
My avian vet is very experienced, so I feel that I can count on her advice. She cross-sectioned the lipoma and didn't see anything suspicious, plus it was attached by a thin "stalk" that she was able to remove completely, so she could see that it had not spread anywhere else. Rainbow was back to her chirpy, happy self in a day!:)