• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Housing

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
@aqualover9 You would probably find all your answers by reading the relevant forum
Linnie Landing | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
Lol, I was just reading through those posts when I got your notification!
@aqualover9
You would also get a better response by posting any questions there too.
There's also a forum dealing specifically with cages
Toys & Cages Bypass | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
Thank you! I'm new at this and I'm still trying to figure everything out. :)
EDIT: Should I repost it there?

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I was very unhappy with a vision cage. They are flimsy and the tabs that hold the wire together on the sides often pop off. No slide out trays to clean the bottom. One needs to lift off the cage top to clean . The plastic perches that come with it are bad for a birds feet. Flight cages are best for little birds because they have much more room. Vision cages are too high priced for the low quality you get.

I had a pair of linnies and the only negatives were the poo is large and messy for a little bird and toe nails grow fast. They eat well.

Amazon.com: Flight cages: Pet Supplies

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Should I repost it there?
I would personally, but leave a link here to the hew thread. Or ask admin to move them, I think you can use the report button to do that.
Edit: I think move is best as you have replies. Use the report button.

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
I was very unhappy with a vision cage. They are flimsy and the tabs that hold the wire together on the sides often pop off. No slide out trays to clean the bottom. One needs to lift off the cage top to clean . The plastic perches that come with it are bad for a birds feet. Flight cages are best for little birds because they have much more room. Vision cages are too high priced for the low quality you get.

I had a pair of linnies and the only negatives were the poo is large and messy for a little bird and toe nails grow fast. They eat well.

Amazon.com: Flight cages: Pet Supplies

Thanks for the advice! I was looking at the reviews though and many people said that the acrylic base helped keep the mess in. Do you know wither or not grooming perches are good for their feet? I heard it kept the nails short but it could infect the foot/feet.

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
I would personally, but leave a link here to the hew thread. Or ask admin to move them, I think you can use the report button to do that.
Edit: I think move is best as you have replies. Use the report button.

Thanks! I'm gonna do that right now.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Grooming perches would not be in my birds cage. We read many post here that say their bird has pressure sores from them on soles of feet. I found a groomer that is also a vet tech and she comes to my home once every two months for nail trims. Check around and maybe you will find one too.

I think the vision cages appeal to people but not a birds needs. Good luck with your birds. Oh my male was a good talker too.

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
Grooming perches would not be in my birds cage. We read many post here that say their bird has pressure sores from them on soles of feet. I found a groomer that is also a vet tech and she comes to my home once every two months for nail trims. Check around and maybe you will find one too.

I think the vision cages appeal to people but not a birds needs. Good luck with your birds. Oh my male was a good talker too.

Thanks for the advice!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
So you are still going ahead pursuading your parents to get the linnie? even though you may have to rehome it further down the line?
Or has something changed?

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
So you are still going ahead pursuading your parents to get the linnie? even though you may have to rehome it further down the line?
Or has something changed?

I'm trying to dig up as much info as I can about linnies to decide wither or not its really worth it. Thanks for asking!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
And I definitely agree with @Lady Jane, they are serious poopers. It's like concrete once dry. My boys are hands off, which is okay since I have other birds that like to be on me. They are really chill, sweet birds and make cute but odd noises. Well, chill unless it's about their food, don't mess with a linnie and their food!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh yes I forgot that part - many Linnies are hand shy.

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
Where do you guys place your cages? Should it be in a shady area, up high or what?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Mine are all in my living room.

Best not to be on the floor. A lot of cages come on their own stand.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I personally prefer floor cages. I like how heavy they are and I can roll them to different rooms. I also have two cats and while I am extremely cautious and my cats are very well behaved, I like that they can't tip the floor cages. Not that I'd ever imagine them trying that, but best to be vigilant.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@aqualover9 When Alicia says floor cage, she means a cage that is mounted on it´s own stand with wheels ;)

And I agree the quality on a heavier cage is much higher than your average cage.