• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie & Budgie Bonding Behavior

KatieChildress

Moving in
Real Name
Katie
Hi Everyone-

My female linnie, Shimmy, has recently bonded with our Budgie, Ricky Bobby (lol)....

She seems to be dominate. She sometimes will stretch her body to tower over him even more, grab his wing or put her foot on his back as if she is forcing him to bond (aka eating her regurgitation). He soon flies back to his cage because he obviously doesn't like it.
She only does this some of the time.
Otherwise, they get a long just fine!

Any insight on this behavior? Thank you!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are you sure she is a she?

KatieChildress

Moving in
Real Name
Katie
I'm not 100%...but she is pure yellow so according to google there are no attributes of male features! :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
In my experience with both Budgies and Linnies the male was dominant. That is why I asked if you were sure of the gender. With Linnies it is best for a DNA test for gender but with Budgies its pretty easy to tell once they mature. Linnies do not breed the way other species do so putting a foot over the budgie could be a dominant move. Linnies breed side by side. Just be sure to observe them in case any aggressive moves are not harmful to the Budgie. Can you post photos?

KatieChildress

Moving in
Real Name
Katie
Thank you for the information! My linnie hasn't grabbed my budgie by the wing recently. Actually it seems as though my linnie, Shimmy, has officially taken to me instead of spending time with the Budgie!