• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie being agressive to the back of my head.

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
So my Linnie Loki was born AUG 1st, shes gone through a dramatic move with me but seems to be settled in but recently shes becoming aggressive to the back of my neck or side of my head. Not aggressive like biting unless she finds my earlobe through my hair but its more like a hard preening with a *gerrr* sound with it.

She happily goes on everyone in the house can tell she favors me and is most comfortable with, I'm the only one she allows to give cheek rubs to but also the only one she is aggressive to on the neck.
Can anyone give me some tips?

She gets lots of out of cage time, always playing on her play gym and also always wants to be on me but this aggression to the back on my neck is just worrisome and cant figure out what shes not liking.
Kinda running out of ideas...

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Well, it would be awesome to be a bird! Especially a Linnie then I dont need to look for a 2nd Linnie! Brilliant plan! :joyful:
You are bird crazy thinking like this.. don't worry you are with many other bird crazy people here and are right at home. :D

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
My linnie went through the same thing at the same age. He would attack my ear and bite very hard....he was no longer allowed there and I would hold him on my arm. I would keep my arm close to my body (as if I had it in a sling) and he snuggled into the crook of my elbow. He loved hanging out there. After about a month, I gave him another chance to stay on my shoulder, he started to go for my ear and I just put up my hand to block my ear. After a couple of times he stopped. I no longer fear him biting me, he outgrew it and he now stays on my shoulder snuggled up right under my ear with no problem.