• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life with a flighted Red Front macaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was minding my own business, reading the forum at my desk this morning, when I heard the familiar whir of large wings a couple of rooms away. I heard the whir go into Elvis's play zone, turn 180 degrees, come through the dining room and veer around into the living room, heading for my study nook, getting louder all the while. I reflexively held out my arm. Sure enough, soon there was Zoe on my arm steadying her landing (ow!). Then I noticed that when she had grabbed my sleeve with her beak to steady her landing, she had smeared sweet potato mash all over it... :rolleyes: Soon, I heard the familiar sound of Patrick lamenting his lost love. Sigh. Back she goes. What was I reading? :D

Last edited:

QP4CAG

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
:laughing6:too cute!!! she needed your sleeve to wipe that beak of hers off.....and whats a mommy good for if she won't offer her sleeve;)

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
I really want to see a RFMs awesome flying skills for myself in person. I bet its amazing :)

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
:lol: What a sweet girlie! :heart: I can picture her searching for a place to wipe that cute beak off...here....nope.....hmmm ahh Mom is in the other room!! :D Coming Patrick.....:hehe:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really want to see a RFMs awesome flying skills for myself in person. I bet its amazing :)
It's pretty cool :) She has a lot more control than any other bird I've seen, and she hasn't even been flying all that long. It took a while for her flights to grow back in when I first got her. She gets better all the time. I would love to fly her outdoors, but she's the most nervous bird I have, and there are a lot of hawks around here... :(

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww- how adorable!! :)

I am my birds Mom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Soooon Isis should be flying really good!! Her feathers are coming .........soon my faby will be crawling .. I mean flying....

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,how cool. Is it true that RFM's can hover?

Status
Not open for further replies.