• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Lethargic Alexandrine Parrot

Namra

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Namra
Hii...i m namra ...My male alexandrine parrot has become lethargic since last two days.. it is not even talking and eating as he normally does.. yesterday I visited the doctor and he said his temperature is low.. maybe he has caught cold or some infection.. the doctor has given jetepar injection to him and prescribe amoxil syrup to be used 0.2ml daily. 2 times for 3 days and jetepar syrup 2 drops 4 times for 7 days and lysovit syrup 1.5ml in drinking water...after taking the medicine at night he vomited...he also had the experience of traveling... advise me something?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I would call your vet and tell him your bird vomited. Did he do it only once or every time he takes the medicine? I hope he starts feeling better.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm really sorry, this sounds so very serious.
Supplemental warmth helps sick birds, I prefer radiant heat panel,they should be available at farm and feed stores used for baby chickens.
Sick birds should b encouraged to eat. Provide all their favorites, even more seeds.
Warm foods can be tempting, like scrambled egg or boiled egg, ir cooked a d mashed Sweet potatoes.

How is your bird doing?