• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Kraz tiel's foot is discolored and lifeless

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that Kraz is having issues with his foot. Any updates?

MagpieDragon

Jogging around the block
Not sure who I feel worse for - you or Kraz!

In all seriousness I hope his foot heals soon :sadhug2:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry for not updating sooner! We're having fuuuuuun times up in here.

I was able to get an advance on my paycheque, and took Kraz in to see the vet as soon as possible, which unfortunately wasn't until Wednesday morning (I'm ineligible for any sort of care credit since I'm young and have a credit score of zilch).

Sadly, we're all kinds of baffled. The vet found a laceration in the back of Kraz's ankle, but it seemed very old and wasn't bleeding or sore. Kraz still has circulation in his foot, and tests have ruled out tumours, deficiencies, toxicity poisoning, viral disease, and nerve damage.
Basically we're boggled.

For the time being Kraz is on medications to make sure he isn't in pain, and I'm continually modifying his cage to make it more accessible for him with one foot.

I made a joke a while ago about how all my pets and I keep hurting our feet. I think we have a foot curse.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Hopefully it will be better soon. Keeping him off of it as much as possible should hasten the healing process. Too bad there are no bird crutches. Prayers to you both!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:dance4: Well, thats good news sort of...Hope it works itself out...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Bet that person with the Amazon is having a cow but to me you are in the category of people who rather go without eating to feed your birds then to feed yourself & they are hard to find. I'm glad you found the resources to have the foot checked & I hope it get better...

You have alot on your plate though so it would be wise to keep the flock to a min...

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
I'm sorry for not updating sooner! We're having fuuuuuun times up in here.

I was able to get an advance on my paycheque, and took Kraz in to see the vet as soon as possible, which unfortunately wasn't until Wednesday morning (I'm ineligible for any sort of care credit since I'm young and have a credit score of zilch).

Sadly, we're all kinds of baffled. The vet found a laceration in the back of Kraz's ankle, but it seemed very old and wasn't bleeding or sore. Kraz still has circulation in his foot, and tests have ruled out tumours, deficiencies, toxicity poisoning, viral disease, and nerve damage.
Basically we're boggled.

For the time being Kraz is on medications to make sure he isn't in pain, and I'm continually modifying his cage to make it more accessible for him with one foot.

I made a joke a while ago about how all my pets and I keep hurting our feet. I think we have a foot curse.
Back when I lived in IA, I used to pet sit for my friend who had four Belgian horses.
She liked to joke that she had sixteen legs, and one of them was always lame.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m glad all the tests came back okay, but it would be nice to have some sort of answer. It’s great you were able to take him in and I hope he heals quickly! No more health issues st your house!!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is weird! So glad all is relativly okay!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kraz has started using his foot again today! He can't quite flex his toes all the way, but he's willing to put weight on it now.
It's such a relief that he isn't paralysed. His toes still move!

It must have been hurting more than he was letting on, assuming it's the pain meds that are helping him get back on it. He wasn't squirming or flinching when either I or the vet messed with his foot, and usually if he's hurting he'll beat the living daylights outta you.

Mysteries abound, but what a great turnaround!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
How excellent that Kraz is feeling better......maybe he saw the attention the others got for being sick or hurt and thought I would like some special fussing over me??? LOL. What ever it was that happened I am glad he is doing better.
How is Morgan? (sorry if I have missed it in another thread)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder