• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Korea Budgies!

miya

Strolling the yard
Real Name
miya
Hi guys! I was going through my files and found some budgie pictures from when I went to Korea in March and thought I'd share. Some of them had such cute color combinations! :fairy2:

These were all taken at a place called Aqua Planet Ilsan (아쿠아 플라넷 일산)! Ilsan is in Goyang and is northwest of Seoul. I was staying in central Seoul so this took me quite a while to get to via subway (about an hour if I remember correctly) but it was totally worth it. I had read online it was an aquarium, but when I got there, they had other things too! There was a huge chunk of the building dedicated to other animals, including birds.

I made it through the aquarium portion.. and suddenly saw a HUGE aviary coming up in the next room! And when I made it inside..

20180312_170709.jpg

:omg: !! What an unexpected but super awesome and adorable surprise!! A big aviary just for budgies! You could buy a bit of seed to offer them as a treat and these guys swarmed me once they saw I had snacks! I only had my ancient cell phone with me for photos (and was alone, so had to balance birds on one hand and phone in the other), so many of them aren't fantastic, but I did manage to snap some shots!

20180312_171249(0).jpg
20180312_171928.jpg

This little one perching on the sign to remind everyone to be careful! (Rough translation of the sign is to watch your step because birds are resting on the floor)
20180312_171847.jpg
20180312_172351.jpg
20180312_172335.jpg

And that's all! They were all so active and singing loudly. Flew right into my palms to eat their treat! They had a wide variety of perches and so much space to fly around. They seemed really happy from what I could tell, which is awesome - I'm glad they were being well taken care of :heart: