• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kitty Baths!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
soo we just gave the cats a bath....sry no pics they won't even look at me now they are sooo angry!!! :rofl: i do how ever have pics of them not wet lol any one else bathe their poor felines?:rolleyes: the first one is hannah. she has a beautiful tabby coloring with orange splotches. and the second is tom the cuddle bug. he's in my hood.

Attachments

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Hannah's marking pattern is called a tortie tabby; a tabby with tortishell markings. They are both so cute. Do you have allergies? Is that why you washed them? Unless one is trying to keep allergens down, cats probably will never need a human given bath in their lifetime. Of course I had to bathe KitCat when he jumped into the gallon of paint I was using. Talk a bout a mess! Thank Goddess it was latex paint.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
i am slightly allergic (mom gave it to me lol) so i am trying to control it while i can and hopefully i can live with at least these 2 while they are on earth. it's also good to keep the extra hair down lol

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
You would do much better keeping the 'hair down' with brushing daily. It is not the hair that causes the allergy, it is the dander and the enzymes in the cat saliva which gets licked onto the hair that causes the problem. I have asthma and am allergic to cats; I have 8 cats. I started with the cat allergy when my roomie and I were breeding cats and I had up to 24 at a time. My pulmonologist helped me keep my cats by giving me pointers to keep down the dander. One of these was to not sleep with the cats. The other was to rinse the cats (not shampoo or bathe) with warm water weekly to cut the antigens on the skin and fur of the cat, as well as daily grooming of each cat to eliminate loose hair/dander building up in the environment. Also to use a really good hepa filter vacuum in the house. It worked, I still have cats; but I no longer breed. I also noticed I actually get less allergic to my individual cats the longer I have them; my doctors says my body gets used to their individual dander and antigens. I can still have a full blown allergy attack when meeting a strange cat or letting a nonresident cat get in my face or scratch me. There are hundreds of ways to control your allergies; look on line for ways to help yourself, especially with online allergy management and cat info sites.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
Thanks for the info! i don't sleep with my cats at all they are crate trained and sleep in there crates at night and the only time i get itchy from them is when tom like to get in my face and rub around so i try not to let him do that so much any more and i'm usually good i just find a bath every now and then helps. Thank you!!

prettyinpink

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Ha! I would never try that :p

The bengal would be ok with it since he tries to get in the water...but the tabbies would freak.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
they sure are c ute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.