• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kibble question

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Molly is mainly in Stella and Chewy's raw dehaydrated food. Since she is almost 15 months old I would like to get some good quality kibble to put in her toy (she has to work getting kibble out) from time to time for mental stimulation. I am almost out of under one year kibble.

Any ideas of a really good , made in USA kibble for a 12 lb dog?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I always liked Evo or Orijen for my cats, not sure if they're made in the US. I know they sell products for dogs as well.

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I use Fromm for my Springer. They have a basic good quality kibble up through some other specific recipes. My cat also loves Fromm. She kept stealing the dog's food every time I fed him so I got her Fromm too. The problem being she likes it so much she's getting fat.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I got some Origen Regional Red. I presented it to Molly and she Loved it. I will incorporate it slowly so no tummy upsets.

Thanks

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Hi Jan,

I also feed Acana, made by Champion pet foods the maker of Orijen. I feed Acana because it's more cost effective have the 3 dogs. But the ingredients are great, the Acana line had a change last year and in May the new foods were being made in Kentucky, no longer Canada. They also changed the line up to where they no longer add synthetic vitamins or minerals. That I am very excited about. I do not think the Orijen line has changed that much.

I am also supplementing with The Honest Kitchen dehydrated foods for my dogs. But I also incorporate in some greek yogurt, sweet potato and fresh blueberries.

Hope all is well!

Claire

Pipsqueak

Avenue Veteran
Molly is mainly in Stella and Chewy's raw dehaydrated food. Since she is almost 15 months old I would like to get some good quality kibble to put in her toy (she has to work getting kibble out) from time to time for mental stimulation. I am almost out of under one year kibble.

Any ideas of a really good , made in USA kibble for a 12 lb dog?
We are feeding raw too, dehydrated only when he is boarded since it is so expensive for a Dalmatian . Max favorite treat are rabbit feed (with the fur) and I use died lung or dried sweet potato in the toys.