• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Keel Bone Atrophy

glxpassat

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
My blue front was just diagnosed with Atherostlerosis. Sadly he has had a lot of problems since just after adopting him; almost 7 years back.

My question is, he weighs about 452 grams, which isn't bad, but why is his chest look so thin? Is it something that excersise would help in building up his chest muscle?

I do have to be careful as he is recovering from being really sick, which through testing led to our discovery of all his health issues. I'm assuming doing some light excersising of flapping his wings could help?

Your thoughts, and ideas much appreciated

Attachments

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
The poor little baby. Flapping can help build up muscle in their breast area, but because of his illness, I would clear it with the CAV first. You wouldn't want to do anything that would hamper his recovery.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Naked birds always look thin. ;) Feathers would help. :lol:

Yes flapping. Not only does it build muscle it also will increase blood flow which is good for atherosclerosis. I know you have another thread about this, have you considered an O2 tank?