• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just sharing Laylas new Java tree stand.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
I purchased a Java tree stand to add next to her sand blasted manzanita stand (and wanted a second for when new baby comes home). I was nervous because I purchased it from overstock.com and wouldn't know exactly what the tree would look like but the price was decent with a coupon so I went for it. It's really beautiful and better than I expected and of course brave little Layla immediately climbed on to explore. I am having an issue getting the top of the tree down all the way on the base though. I'm hoping a rubber mallet will be able to get it on the pins fully. And I need to add toys still! I'm not a fan of the bowls though. One of them is almost stripped and I won't be able to remove it often and the other seems to take forever to get it off and on the screw. I wish there was some kind of way to do a quick release bowl on these stands. Anyways, here is Laylas new stand:) FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_7766.JPG

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Nice! I want to get one too, but havent found one I like in my price yet :cautious: I think they make stainless steel replacement bowls :chin:

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Very nice

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's great that they sent you a nice one. I know of someone who hated the one she got, emailed the vendor and they sent her a new one and a return shipping label to return the other one.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Tilt it over on its side and tighten the bolt on the bottom of the tray. I have trouble getting the two tree parts flush, so I place a board on top of the top tree part and hammer away.