• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just ran out and took some night shots of the snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
I did not however, venture into the snow. Its dark and cold. Excuse the overly bright lights, thats what happens when I use a long shutter speed to take pictures at night (its 10 pm). I need to figure out how to change that...

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Wow how beautiful. Looks so cold. We are having wicked weather here on the West Coast right now.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
beautiful shots Houston, they look washed in gold :)

it also looks too cold for me! :snowman3:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
beautiful Houston!!!!:wow:
runs off to get some hot cocoa brrrrrrrrr

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I dont know why they are so small :( let me see if I can fix it. But thanks for hte compliments ;D

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Oh and your right, it is far, FAR to cold :omg: and its only getting colder. Its supposed to be in single digits this week...:scared1:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
brrrrrrr but beautiful!!!!

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
Beautiful...Snow makes everything look so bright. We might be getting some early next week..I guess well see. Thank goodness I canceled my plan's to drive over the pass to Calif for Thanksgiving I don't think it will be easy going for those that have to travel that way.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Beautiful pics but I sure am not ready for the snow!

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
Beautiful pics Houston! We love when it snows here! We have a bay window and we love to sit with our cocoa and watch the snow fall! Here is the pic i have of last years huge storm that gave us two and half feet of snow! The snow was so bad that a plow truck got stuck on our street and was watching him slowly side towards my car!:eek::eek: Thankfully he got controll and moved on without plowing the street. This pic was taken only about 3 hours into the storm! It was freezing out there!:scared5:

Attachments

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Oh I LOVE Bay windows. They really are the best :D. I sure hope we dont get a storm like that before Christmas :0!!!!

Watching him slide towards your car, I would have been freaking out. That would have done some damage!

Tiger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tiger
I was freaking out bad! I was watching him like a hawk staring at food! He knew i was watching too! LOL! I watched him try and try but no such luck. Finally he backed up and got a little speed with out the plow being down. And he actually waved at me! Like he could miss me in the window! I was like an old garfield suction cup figure! LOL! At least he waved as if to say its ok. And i nicely waved back. After me and lyn got some cocoa and sat in the window and watched the snow just pile up. Two days after the storm lyn had the car finally dug out and guess what happened? The city plowed me in! I had ice as high up on my car as the middle of the drivers window! Both me and Lyn are disabled. So I ended up calling the city to complain. They ended up sending out the fire department to dig the car out for me. I watched these men take chunks of this ice and just throw it behind the car. I ended up with a small spot that when i tried to park it took a couple of tries! LOL! It was a really tight fight. If i was off by a hair i wasn't getting the car parked! LOL! How deep is your snow?

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Wahaha, garfield suction cup, nice visual :D
It sure was nice of them to send someone to dig your car out (quite literally lol) I dont know if they would do that in to many places!

Its about 4am now (about to go to bed... lol) and I just looked. Its been going on and off all night and its about 4-5 inches right now. I should just stay up, because I want to go out in the morning and take pictures when its still nice and fresh and before it starts to melt. Though there is bound to be more... I dont know what my rush is lol.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
absolutely beautiful pictures~~

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Beautiful shots, Houston. That's just the way I like my snow.....in pictures, lol.

Konstantinos

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Κωνσταντίνος-Konstantinos
Ι love snow.I am so jealous of you.I am still wearing summer clothes.Please sent me a little.:eek::eek:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Beautiful snow and we are being predicted to have our first on Friday so just watching what happens. Nice to look at but makes for a lot more work I am thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.