• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Just got home and smelled gas, getting worried.

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Just came back from school and parents work, (been gone for 9 ish hours) and instantly smelled gas. Currently airing the house out but we are unsure how long the gas was going for. We also couldn't figure out where it's coming from, stove's are all off. Called gas leak ppl but i'm worried about my bird's safety in this situation. What do I do????

(I also live in MN so its like 40 F rn outside)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
You do what you have already done. Air the house out and try to find where it is coming from. Can you turn your gas off from outside the house? We have taps we can turn our gas off with but I am unsure of what your set is like.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Is your bird either outside or in a gas free room?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
We have had a few gas leaks at our house and I am the only one who ever smells them. I go outside straight away and turn the source off, I make sure all the birds have a window open near them and I have as many doors and windows open as I can and all the ceiling exhaust fans on to remove gassy air and replace with fresh clean air.

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
We have had a few gas leaks at our house and I am the only one who ever smells them. I go outside straight away and turn the source off, I make sure all the birds have a window open near them and I have as many doors and windows open as I can and all the ceiling exhaust fans on to remove gassy air and replace with fresh clean air.
Exactly what we did except we can’t shut off the source

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I think you're done all you can do. I think gas has a pretty strong smell to help warn people. So probably smells worse than it actually is. Keep a close eye on your bird for signs fatigue and illness. You should hopefully be in the clear now

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
UPDATE: gas guy came and fixed everything. Apparently all the gas has been aired out and he fixed the issue so no more will come in
What a relief! Where did it end up leaking from.