• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just A Bragging Post

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Nobody in my real life would get as excited as you all when I say that Tikki has learned to wolf whistle this week (it always sounds like there is somebody VERY sexy in our house! haha) AND he looked me dead in the eye today and said quietly "peek a boo." I couldn't believe it! I'm feeling like such a proud mommy :bounce4: 61734804_329351511069179_752473399766286336_n.jpg

RatTails

Meeting neighbors
Aww I know the feeling! I don't have a talker, but she sings and the first time she did it was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard!

Yay for peek a boo and wolf whistles!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Adorable pic. :)

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Adorable pic. :)
Tikki is so funny with Ellen..He knows she's safe to land on, but also knows she moves too quickly for his liking! And he refuses to let her near his food! He's been a very patient teacher to her, only using his angry voice and not his bite. Thankfully Ellen is so very gentle and only pisses him off when she's trying to kiss him lol

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Tikki is so funny with Ellen..He knows she's safe to land on, but also knows she moves too quickly for his liking! And he refuses to let her near his food! He's been a very patient teacher to her, only using his angry voice and not his bite. Thankfully Ellen is so very gentle and only pisses him off when she's trying to kiss him lol
Tiels generally are very gentle birds. And you can let Ellen know that my foster tiel Scooter gets mad when I try to kiss him too.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aww, what a cutie!:xflove: It’s so fun when they start talking and whistling. What a sweet picture, and I love how he and your daughter will grow up to be very special friends.:heart:

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
Such a cute picture! How exciting :) Lilah is a quiet female, so I don't expect her to learn to talk, but she has started whistling at me on occasion, so I will have to try teaching her to wolf whistle too!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ohhh how great! I've been working on Jeff to try and get him to wolf whistle, and I do it so much that I keep forgetting this is a weird thing to do outside of my birds' company :rofl: I think people consider me a bit cheekier than I am!

They are really receptive to some of the Lord of the Rings themes (which is great because he almost ended up being called Gwaihir the Winglord!) so I'd love it if he ended learning a few songs from the movies!

Texas Tiel fan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Robert Seale
Three of our four males wolf whistle but I've yet to get any of them to say Peek-a-boo! Sounds like your off to a great start with Tikki.