• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jumping out of the cage to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
Chewy has become a good jumping boy. He doesn't step up like a normal bird would he has to jump on me. Which I suppose is ok. I would rather he just stepped up like Eli does, but he won't. And I still love him.
He goes through fazes where he won't come out of the cage for anything in the world and there is no food tht he is motivated by so I can't bribe him. I have to just wait to get him to a point where he wants to come out.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton has the habit of jumping on to me,also. He does it at the most inopportune times. (like when I'm making the bed) He hasn't fallen to the floor yet.My hope is the he judges the distance well,so if he can't make the jump, at least he'll be able to fly over to me. It worries me a little, because he likes to jump, or fly over to me from behind..:eek:

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Tiki Bird likes to jump on me too. I'll open his cage and give him head scritches, then I say "Eeeeeek! An attack parrot!" and he leaps onto my chest. It's so cute! :heart:

But then the little booger goes up to my shoulder, where he is well behaved for about one nonosecond, then he bites my ear. :rofl:

So he's allowed to leap on me, but then he has to go on my hand like a normal bird afterwards. He seems fine with this. :D

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I do think it's a Too thing.....they're part rabbit I believe! :lol:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Is Chewy nervous?

Mali did that at her previous home(jump out of her cage). She was very nervous and anxious to get onto that hand immediately. She doesn't hastily jump for my hand for dear life, with me. I am calm and quiet when I ask her to step up, and she does it very willingly. I ask my birds to step onto my palm:)

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
Percy speed jumps onto me if he gets scared if sitting with someone else. But my little Pepe is simlar to Chewy, if he doesn't want to come out, he won't come out no matter how long you leave the cage open or what food you offer.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Before Sam barbered his feathers he couldn't wait to get to me and as soon as I would open the cage door it was all about how he could get on me the fastest since I wouldn't pick him up fast enough to suit him.

I am like Becky I think it is a Too thing!!!!:)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Before Sam barbered his feathers he couldn't wait to get to me and as soon as I would open the cage door it was all about how he could get on me the fastest since I wouldn't pick him up fast enough to suit him.

I am like Becky I think it is a Too thing!!!!:)
Titan, our IRN,will jump over to people when we go out visiting. He jumps on a person , runs up to their shoulder,chats with them a bit,and moves on to the person sitting next to him. We have to watch and keep up with him with the shawls that we use as "poop protectors"...
:lol:

AshleyFamily

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laurie & Mark Ashley
Our Senegal we had Peewee would "hop" around like a silly kangaroo bird :)

Status
Not open for further replies.