• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Joseph’s current state

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
42E18E38-630F-4960-BCB6-11CA8DBB2385.jpeg
After the little Sudlhor passed away, I cleaned the cage and put toys in one side of the big cage that he shares with his friends.
Right now he spends the whole day jumping from toy to toy tearing them apart. His destruction rate has increased dramatically. I’m not sure whether he’s happy ...or is he taking his grief out on those toys or not...

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My boy loves hanging toys. He hops from toy to toy and loves ripping things. Tiny twigs and leaves are another popular shredding toy.

It sounds like a happy Parrotlet to me. They are an active species. :)

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
OMG, I didn't know you lost Sudlhor, this is so sad.. What happened? I'm so sorry :(

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Staying busy is definitely a good sign, though I'm sure he's missing his pal :-(

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
OMG, I didn't know you lost Sudlhor, this is so sad.. What happened? I'm so sorry :(
The sweet boy was thin and had a long beak due to refusing to eat anything healthy. He later was found lifeless at the bottom of the cage.
I’m not sure if he was thin from possible parasites within his body, from his bad eating habits, or from something else. My worm-out supplement and recovery formula arrived too late. Now what I could only do is to prevent the rest from going down as well.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
The sweet boy was thin and had a long beak due to refusing to eat anything healthy. He later was found lifeless at the bottom of the cage.
I’m not sure if he was thin from possible parasites within his body, from his bad eating habits, or from something else. My worm-out supplement and recovery formula arrived too late. Now what I could only do is to prevent the rest from going down as well.
That's so sad... Twitter also passed away very quickly, one day he was fine and the morning after I found him very apatic in his cage, he died a couple of hours later. The vet didn't know what it was, but I later found out that the pellets he was eating (Harrisson's), and that are so good for budgies, are too rich in protein for parrotlets, they can't process the thing. He probably died from kidney failure. He was also quite thin, which always amazed us, considering the amounts of food he was eating, the vet said he probably stopped drinking and then couldn't assimilate his food. I know he was drinking but then, what I found about the protein thing is that it gives that kind of symptoms, the kidneys are failing, thus they don't get enough liquids in their blood, thus don't assimilate the food.
I just hope he didn't suffer for months without me noticing and because of my ignorance...

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Staying busy is definitely a good sign, though I'm sure he's missing his pal :-(
Ooh @Davi, do you ship internationally? I think I want a play gym for my fids to hang out in the living room while they’re out of the cage!

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Ooh @Davi, do you ship internationally? I think I want a play gym for my fids to hang out in the living room while they’re out of the cage!
I usually don't ship internationally, mostly because international shipping rates tend to be so prohibitive. But if there's a specific item or items in my shop that you're interested in, I can try to give you a shipping quote. Thank you for your interest! :heart:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
That's so sad... Twitter also passed away very quickly, one day he was fine and the morning after I found him very apatic in his cage, he died a couple of hours later. The vet didn't know what it was, but I later found out that the pellets he was eating (Harrisson's), and that are so good for budgies, are too rich in protein for parrotlets, they can't process the thing. He probably died from kidney failure. He was also quite thin, which always amazed us, considering the amounts of food he was eating, the vet said he probably stopped drinking and then couldn't assimilate his food. I know he was drinking but then, what I found about the protein thing is that it gives that kind of symptoms, the kidneys are failing, thus they don't get enough liquids in their blood, thus don't assimilate the food.
I just hope he didn't suffer for months without me noticing and because of my ignorance...
:sadhug2:
I know it is difficult. Sometimes we learn hard and cruel lesson. You are allowed to stop punishing yourself. Twitter was such a beautiful and loved bird. You should be proud to have had him in your life. I hope you find peace again. :sadhug2:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
:sadhug2:
I know it is difficult. Sometimes we learn hard and cruel lesson. You are allowed to stop punishing yourself. Twitter was such a beautiful and loved bird. You should be proud to have had him in your life. I hope you find peace again. :sadhug2:
Don't worry, I'm fine. I cherish the time we had him in our lives, and I hope he had a good life with us, really hope he wasn't in pain, but what is done is done and I don't beat myself over it. I'll know better next time, and in the meantime, if our story can save other p'lets, I spread the word...