• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jojo is...

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
FLYYYYYYYYYYING!!! :dance4::dance1::dance2::dance3::dance6::disco::birdance:

Actually been making a bunch of “mini flights” for the past week or so, like from cage to play stand, play stand to bed etc. I didn’t want to post until I knew for sure we were all good. Well, we are DEFINITELY all good now :)

This morning immediately after coming out of the cage I brought him over to where we usually play with foot toys etc.. He started walking up and down my arm, almost like pacing then TOOK OFF! Did a complete circle around the room and stuck the landing on top of the cage too!

I thought my heart was going to explode! Jo’s clip was so bad he used to just drop while Loki has at least been able to glide. Not any more! Jo flew around A LOT before taking a longer than usual nap this afternoon and again before going back in and getting in “bedtime” position tonight. I assume all that flying really tuckered him out lol

Sorry for the long post guys, I’m just so happy, relieved and proud of my baby!
:heart::bounce7:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
FLYYYYYYYYYYING!!! :dance4::dance1::dance2::dance3::dance6::disco::birdance:

Actually been making a bunch of “mini flights” for the past week or so, like from cage to play stand, play stand to bed etc. I didn’t want to post until I knew for sure we were all good. Well, we are DEFINITELY all good now :)

This morning immediately after coming out of the cage I brought him over to where we usually play with foot toys etc.. He started walking up and down my arm, almost like pacing then TOOK OFF! Did a complete circle around the room and stuck the landing on top of the cage too!

I thought my heart was going to explode! Jo’s clip was so bad he used to just drop while Loki has at least been able to glide. Not any more! Jo flew around A LOT before taking a longer than usual nap this afternoon and again before going back in and getting in “bedtime” position tonight. I assume all that flying really tuckered him out lol

Sorry for the long post guys, I’m just so happy, relieved and proud of my baby!
:heart::bounce7:

I just love it when they fly! My grey is a pro going up stairs and flying down.
I wish my zon could fly! She's 14...has bumb wing...my handicapped girl. She get a few feet, but crashed into sofa. She can't get that wing right.
She's a rescue, her first parront didn't get her to the vet or know her wing was injured when she was young. Now she tries now and then.. But always not good and not far.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Congratulations!! :loveshower: Excellent news!! I'm always so happy hear someone's fid is flying :fly2: Such a good exercise for them :heart:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I just love it when they fly! My grey is a pro going up stairs and flying down.
I wish my zon could fly! She's 14...has bumb wing...my handicapped girl. She get a few feet, but crashed into sofa. She can't get that wing right.
She's a rescue, her first parront didn't get her to the vet or know her wing was injured when she was young. Now she tries now and then.. But always not good and not far.
Congratulations!! :loveshower: Excellent news!! I'm always so happy hear someone's fid is flying :fly2: Such a good exercise for them :heart:
Thank you both, this really was such a great day! I kept cheering him on and the look of happiness on his face today was priceless.

@Hawk12237 Poppers is so amazing:) I love that she tries to make the most of everything and I’m sure that’s because of you!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations to you and especially JoJo.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Fantastic news! Well done Jojo!! I´m so glad he has learned so quickly!!! :loveshower:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Congratulations to you and especially JoJo.
Fantastic news! Well done Jojo!! I´m so glad he has learned so quickly!!! :loveshower:
Fantastic!!!! So happy for you both:heart:. Now the fun begins...lol
Thank you all! We’re all very happy! Hubby was working all day and eve yesterday and the lil bugger is so fast I was unable to get a good vid. He finally saw it today and says it’s like we have a little helicopter drone buzzing around the room lol.

We’re all cheering him on and even Loki has been coming out more :). Loki’s Wings are still a work in progress but I’m hopeful for him since he already manages to glide wherever he wants.

@Lori D Pert yep, that is so right! We’ve got our hands full now! But I wouldn’t trade it for the world :heart:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
So great!!! :bliss::cheer: That's fantastic! And I bet Loki will follow as soon as he is able, now that Jo is giving the right example! Oh that's going to be so much fun for them, flying all around and landing wherever they want to!! I guess you'll just have to buy some more toys to hang from the ceiling now mom ;)

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
So great!!! :bliss::cheer: That's fantastic! And I bet Loki will follow as soon as he is able, now that Jo is giving the right example! Oh that's going to be so much fun for them, flying all around and landing wherever they want to!! I guess you'll just have to buy some more toys to hang from the ceiling now mom ;)
Yay! :fairy2:flight is great, so healthy for their bodies and also providing confidence!
Thank you both so much, I’m still ECSTATIC over this! Was so worried about it never happening after that awful Petsmart clip and being unsure if he fledged or not.

And yep, mom already has a stash of things I’ve been saving for if /when this happened :). Guess I need to get on that now!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Our birds are our children. When they overcome a challenge like flying it's like our baby's first steps. We get so proud it lifts the heart and wets the eye. You must be so proud of Jojo right now, and rightly so. :tweety: