• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Java's current cage setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm thinking of getting a bigger cage in the same design, he loves the drop down door, so I want to make sure his next cage has that as a feature. Is this setup missing anything?
20180615_133241.jpg
20180615_133300.jpg this is his favorite area of the cage and where he sleeps

20180615_133309.jpg
20180615_133318.jpg I told him to look at the camera. Guess he had other ideas. I added fleece- covered foam on the door this morning so he's still adjusting

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
That looks fine to me & his bed/sleeping area is just as good as stressing him by putting him in a sleep carrier.

Personally as he is so afraid still I would not change his cage yet. He has become familar with it & I don't think the stress of a new one at this point would out weigh any benefits at this time.

Keep researching & looking for cages & try to understand what he likes & needs in a cage so you can find the best one at the best price.

For now make his cage as comfy as possible.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks fine to me & his bed/sleeping area is just as good as stressing him by putting him in a sleep carrier.

Personally as he is so afraid still I would not change his cage yet. He has become familar with it & I don't think the stress of a new one at this point would out weigh any benefits at this time.

Keep researching & looking for cages & try to understand what he likes & needs in a cage so you can find the best one at the best price.

For now make his cage as comfy as possible.
Alright. I was going to wait until either Christmas or this time next year but I agree. I'm in no rush to pop him into another cage. The sleep perch he has is three perches pushed together and covered in a washcloth, vet wrap and fleece so his foot is flat. He's so spoiled :heart:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Get some platform perches of natural wood. They love them & it takes the weight off of the feet.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have done an amazing job!

Status
Not open for further replies.