• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jake Pictures - German Shepherd - 11 Weeks Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Here's some pics taken yesterday and today of our growing little man! He's 11 weeks old now and when we weighed him on Friday he had doubled his weight since coming home - he's 16 lbs. now!

As of Thursday last week, both ears are up!
Jake - 11 Weeks - A.JPG

Running in the front yard
Jake - 11 Weeks - B.JPG

Sitting close to his daddy
Jake - 11 Weeks - C.JPG

Waiting for treats
Jake - 11 Weeks - D.JPG

Relaxing in the kitchen
Jake - 11 Weeks - E.JPG

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a stunning,handsome boy he is!:heart:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
What a beautiful handsome lad you have! Life is never going to be the same again for any of you is it? Our new arrival of just five weeks is 16months old and weighs in now at 38k.50 He is a long haired German Shepherd and they are just beautiful. Wish you and your family lots of happy years together with such a gorgeous looking boy. :hug8:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
What a beautiful handsome lad you have! Life is never going to be the same again for any of you is it? Our new arrival of just five weeks is 16months old and weighs in now at 38k.50 He is a long haired German Shepherd and they are just beautiful. Wish you and your family lots of happy years together with such a gorgeous looking boy. :hug8:
Thanks Ann ... I didn't realize you had a Shepherd as well. I'd love to see pictures of him :)

He sure has thrown our world upside down in the last 3 weeks since coming home. But it is getting better. Our biggest saviour right now is taking him walks and pooping him out. Whenever he starts to get out of control, one of us takes him for a walk.

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
:heart:Oh, Laura, he looks fascinating in every single shot. I just love the expression in his eyes that he always has - so attentive and eager to please. I can see he's losing some of his baby look and looking more like a pre-teen little man. :heart::hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
S8300166[1].jpg this is a picture of our darling Max who is just 16months old. He is on the settee with our large black lab Bonny and making her look like a poodle in size! If you should say "Boo" to him he would faint!:hehe:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is beautiful! What an expressive face!

Matt

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Because Max had not been trained at all we have bought him a special headcollar that gives you control of all his movements at all times. It is comfortable for the larger dog to wear and you are in control of him which is good when they pack so much weight behind the beautiful face! It simply pulls them around sideways and as a dog always wants to be facing forward and seeing his attacker even by making him go sideways he is no longer in control so will ease off the lead to straighten his head and keep looking forward. So simple a ploy but it works and well worth having.
The first one I bought for Max was flimsy and not very comfortable for him as it worked up under his eyes. the newer version is made so it cannot do that and much better for them to wear. He was only used to a harness before and used to pull his previous owner everywhere by it. Now it is me in control and no pulling on his lead whatso ever. Worth you looking into as your dear little boy is going to grow into those paws of his one day to! Good luck.:hug8:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Beautiful puppy! This is such an important stage and they can absorb a lot of information. Enjoy and please share him with us as he grows up.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a handsome boy!!

animalcrazy

Sprinting down the street
Max and Jake are adorable! I remember how happy I felt when my GSD Shara's ears finally stood up! Its a wonderful feeling... :)

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Aren't they just beautiful dogs? Aren't we lucky to be sharing their lives? What with them and our birds, just magic!:hug8:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
Aren't they just beautiful dogs? Aren't we lucky to be sharing their lives? What with them and our birds, just magic!:hug8:
Max is beautiful Ann!

I'm amazed how smart he is for an 11-week old pup. We have the usual puppy issues with nipping and going after everything in sight, but we really have been lucky so far. He's a very smart and even temptered pup so far.

Margaret

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Malgorzata
The kind of dog I was raised with...
Cutie!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I hope you will have a long and happy life with your lovely pup, they do make such a huge difference to our lives. We have always grown up with animals around us and if you are the same will know how much of a difference they make to just general living. It is said we live longer because of our pets! :hug8:

lzver

Real Name
Laura
How is our Jake today? Growing I should think and rapidly!
Ann, Jake is doing good today. He's definitely full of it since we worked today. He's 17.5 pounds now.

We have a regular vet appointment on Thursday for a check up and vaccinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.