• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Jack's new playstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Hi All,

Here is Jack on his new playstand. He is still deciding how much he likes it, but I like it because it keeps him in one place and not trying to run around with the dogs...lol. I cannot say enough about Rick at the Golden Cockatoo who threw in a bunch of free suff with my order (including Madagascar blend for Zoe which she is crazy about). Hope you like the pics... he is such a sweetheart!

Attachments

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
the stand looks great! Jack is beautiful!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
such a great stand and such a grand bird Jack is thanks for sharing

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that is a great stand and Jack is such a handsome fellow!!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey, that looks great! :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That is indeed a lovely playstand. Bottlebrush is it?

Jack looks so adorable! What a cutie!

Mercedez

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
It is bottlebrush and he loves it! He chews on it alot, but the advantage is you can buy a top replacement when he has chewed this to pieces. He also sent me a 5# bag of bottle brush pieces and they all love them. He seems to get bored on there and wants back on his cage, but I think he just has to get used to it.

Mercedez - he is so sweet, but under that sweetness is a little devil, and he holds a grudge...lol. The other day he didn't want to go in his cage, but I had to get to work so I gave him some scritches a couple kisses and put him in the cage. He bit me once I got him in, not puncturing the skin, more compression, but alot of it, and then side glanced me, as if to say "I told you I didn't want to go in here". When I got hom and let him out of the cage, he ran to the playtop and didn't want bothered. He was STILL mad...lol. Later on he climbed down and came over to "makeup". What a character!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I love the bottlebrush gyms.. that is really nice one!

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awwwww, Jack is handsome high on his stand. Those Bottlebrush stands are great.

Itsr2r

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
Very nice. I can see the appeal to the bottlebrush gyms.

Too bad the manufacturer supplying them to the Golden Cockatoo did to his customers pretty much the same thing Joey is doing to his.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Was/is he the only maker of bottlebrush gyms? If so, that's really too bad.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
He is and he ripped me off for a hanging gym for Zoe. I was so ticked off that I called the Golden Cockatoo and talked to Rick about carrying his product when he owes so many people money. Rick obviously couldn't give it to me for free but he gave me an incredible deal, free shipping, 5 pounds of bottlebrush pieces, 1 bag of wicker balls for free, and 3 different 1# bags of different food blends. I ordered it on a Friday and it shipped Monday and I had it by Thursday. I dont' know Waynes current situation, but I do know his bottle brush stand is greatly loved by Jack. I wonder how long it will take him to chew this top up. He loves to knaw on it!

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
GORGEOUS!!!

Summer wants to come over to play!

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Hi Joanna,

I am sure Jack won't mind sharing his stand with Summer! He thinks she is soo cute! lol

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
That's a shame you never got the hanging one...I have three of them and they are great!

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
I really wanted the hanging one for Zoe my CAG, but Jack just will not stay on his cage. He climbs down and walks around the house with the dogs. It is ridiculous. The breeder let them walk around and he loves it, but my house just isn't big enough nor is it birdie proofed. He cannot get down from the stand, so I feel it is just safer all around for him. You gotta give him credit. He looks at every angle to try and find a way to get down. For all his mischief he is truly a sweetheart! God forbid I lay down on the couch for a nap. He climbs down his cage and will actually lay on his side facing me and make his little baby noises. I just love him to death!

Jacqi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jacqi
Well worth the wait then it seems. Jack looks very content. :) & from up there he can pretend that getting up high was for his benefit- not yours & the dogs & of course, it was all his idea. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.