1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

J&C's bile acid improved

Discussion in 'Healthy Highway' started by saroj12, 5/18/17.

1. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Chickie came down from 419 to 200 something. Still high but moving in the right direction. She is voluntarily flying more too. Her lipids and cholesterol are perfect. JoJo's BA came down from 111 to 103. His ldl is 6 units over max. I'll email the vet about how to get it down, didn't think of it on the phone. The vet was very pleased with the improvement.

2. Karen

Karen Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Excellent news!

saroj12 and Macawnutz like this.
  3. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    Oh yay, I've been thinking about your results. Such a good job mom!

Hankmacaw and saroj12 like this.
  4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran TAILGATING I Can't Stop Posting!

That's great news. :) Glad that you posted this because I was wondering what the results were and asked you about that in the vet visit thread. Keep up the good work!

saroj12 likes this.
  5. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award TAILGATING I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    :yah:
    Great news!

saroj12 likes this.
  6. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    Thank you! I'm very encouraged that what I'm doing is making a difference.

7. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Martine
    wonderful news!!! :dance4:

saroj12 likes this.
  8. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Wendy
    That is great news!

saroj12 likes this.
  9. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    That is great!

saroj12 likes this.
  10. Laurie

Laurie Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Vendor TAILGATING

Laurie
    Great news! I am not familiar with Bile Acid Counts. I am wondering, what are they and what do they mean?

Stormcloud, saroj12 and Sarahmoluccan like this.
  11. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month TAILGATING I Can't Stop Posting!

Sarah
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm glad they are both doing so well
    :hug8:

saroj12 likes this.
  12. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran TAILGATING I Can't Stop Posting!

Stormcloud, Hankmacaw, Laurie and 3 others like this.
  13. saroj12

saroj
    Well, I would never have guessed their BA was off! They go in for annual polyoma shots and this time @Hankmacaw and @Macawnutz insisted I get bloodwork and X-rays done with the physical. Thanks for the article @iamwhoiam their BA was off the charts. I'm on the iPad and can't format the text very well with Rudy helping. Anyway, the vet changed their diet from fruit to veggies and Harrison's and lately the Roudybush weight reduction formula suggested by @Stormcloud. So six weeks later their numbers are dropping and hope the trend continues as the diet continues.
    I'll check blood again in 6 weeks.

WendyN, Hankmacaw, Laurie and 3 others like this.
  14. Laurie

Laurie
    iamwhoiam likes this.
  15. Laurie

Laurie
    Great work Saroj! Chickie and JoJo probably deserve some credit too :)

Had you ever done bloodwork on them before?

saroj12 likes this.
  16. saroj12

saroj

Yes, many times but not for BA.

17. Stormcloud

Stormcloud Squawk Talk! Avenue Veteran

Gerard

Good news and excellent that Chickie is voluntarily exercising more. So what does their diet consist of now Saroj and are you having any success with their weight reduction??? :)

Good article. :)

18. saroj12

saroj

thanks Gerard! They get a blueberry and small piece of apple along with a ton of sweet chili peppers that they love! Keeps them hydrated. Going to push chop on them again, they are not fans of leaves. They eat Harrison's for breakfast and lunch, and Roudybush at dinner which consists of pretty much the same fresh foods as breakfast. Chickie is losing gradually. Tonight they are getting egg whites.

Stormcloud likes this.
  19. Milo

Milo Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS

Jenny
    Did the vet say anything about the egg whites? My docs don't recommend any sort of meat or dairy product for birds because they don't digest them as well. I believe there was a recent study released but I don't have a link to it, unfortunately.

saroj12 and Hankmacaw like this.
  20. saroj12

saroj
    The vet is the one that suggested it. She said not to give them yolks due to fat. The other birds had whole egg.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)