• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Its Time To..................

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Watch the humidity in your home. The first snow day here and the humidity went from 29 percent to 16 percent overnight. Got out my trusty humidifiers and now its back up to 20 percent. Birds have one and I have one in the bedroom.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thanks for the reminder. I need to get mine out soon, but I always dread it. I find them to be such a pain even though I know they are beneficial. I always feel like it’s not clean enough even though I clean it once a week and put new water in daily. It’s my least favorite part of having birds actually, but is also oboe it’s very important.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I used to have a large clunker of a humidifier and disliked it also. Got the new kinds last year and they are so much easier. They are on amazon called Pure Enrichment mistair. Easily cleaned and run all night. I bought one at first, then liked them so much got a second.

Amazon.com: Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier - Premium Humidifying Unit with 1.5L Water Tank, Whisper-Quiet Operation, Automatic Shut-Off and Night Light Function - Lasts Up to 16 Hours: Home & Kitchen

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thanks for the link, Ill have to check it out!

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
California though :laugh:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I just got a new one yesterday because I didn't feel like cleaning my old one :hilarious:
Feels so much better in Blu's room now! We went from 16% to 41%.:)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Fish tank LOL :aquarium: I have to add atleast a half gallon each night. It is a natural humidifier and my orchids love being on the top of the tank. :flowbug:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
California though :laugh:
Oh, you mean me? You’d think, but it’s actually 14% right now and the other night it got down to 8 degrees.:wacky: I live in Northern CA, and my town is frequently dubbed the coldest spot in the nation by the meteorologists. I hate the cold, so lucky me lol.:meh: On the bright side the sky’s are mostly always sunny and there can be 40 plus degree temperature swings between the night and day.:cool: