• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's time to share my secret :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
:bliss: yay! Glad she made it home safe, I was on pins and needles... Even thought about you during my flight today :hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Fantastic news, hope to hear more about her once settled in! she sounds like an absolute darling.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She sounds like a darling just starving for love.:heart: How wonderful that you and hubby both have lots to give her!:hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a happpy ending....Welcome to Avian avenue hope...

Willow

Sprinting down the street
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amy
SO thrilled everything went well and she is such a sweetheart.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
You are starting her off right by not responding to the screaming, however, you should not pet her under her wings either, that is "mating" touch. Her head is fine and even a little on top of her wings, but under her wings and down her back and around her tail area are sexually stimulating. She is so lucky to have you guys.

Ginger

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
You are starting her off right by not responding to the screaming, however, you should not pet her under her wings either, that is "mating" touch. Her head is fine and even a little on top of her wings, but under her wings and down her back and around her tail area are sexually stimulating. She is so lucky to have you guys.
It's how she is comfortable being petted and she trusted us enough to let us, it's obviously not something we are doing for 20 minutes at a time. (or even 1 for that matter:lol:) I just think it's miraculous that she let us touch under her wings within hours of getting home. That was all I was trying to say about that whole thing. Please have a little faith in me, I'm really not ignorant on bird behavior:hug8:I'm just trying to gain her trust and that was her way of extending it to me.

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Sorry if I seemed like a Know-It-All.:blush2: :zipped1:Just didn't want you to start with behavior that would cause problems later. My sincere apologies.

Ginger

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hows she doing today?:)

evsrin

Sorry if I seemed like a Know-It-All.:blush2: :zipped1:Just didn't want you to start with behavior that would cause problems later. My sincere apologies.

Ginger
It's okay, I think that everything is taken so literally on the forum. It's quite frustrating, I feel like I have to write a book to explain everything in detail so that nobody thinks I'm an idiot. Then, the first casual short sentence that isn't a novel get's misinterpreted. :lol::hug8:

Hows she doing today?:)
She's doing GREAT! She in her cage quiet as a mouse right now. Has called out a few times, but not alot. I had her out and spoon fed her a warm bean mash for breakfast, she made a huge beautiful mess!:D She ate a birdy muffin, and loved it:heart: She's trying new things like a champ!

gritsinct

Real Name
Cathy
I'm so glad she made it without mishap and is settling in so well! She is adorable.

I know what you mean about writing on forums. I always feel like I'm writing a novel to try to cover everything that might come up so I'm not misunderstood! The good thing about this forum is that everyone generally has good intentions - unlike some I've been on.

Congratulations on your new baby!!!

jenwren59

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennifer
what an exciting story! what a lucky little bird. i look forward to hearing more.:)

tibanks

Real Name
Tina
Wonderful news to hear she is settling in so well...She's found a great home, sure glad everything worked out the way it did..Enjoy your new friend.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
been reading up on your thread daily and it is just like a wonderful story being written. So happy for you, your hubby and the dear bird that I am sure has found her happy forever home.
Cannot wait for updates on her settling in and you watching her blossom to how she should be.
Looking forward to regular updates!:hug8: Good luck.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Well I'm about to put her to bed for the evening. It's really going great so far, we both love her already! She is really gentle, I can just sense it. I'm sure I'll get bit, but she is very sweet and gentle. She just loves coming to us! She even lets us pet under her wings! She lifts them up and her eyes shut as she's being petted. She is eating and drinking GREAT, her poops are nice and brown.

She has already tried the herb salad, and Goldenfeast, and nutri-berries/avi-cakes! She is so trusting, it makes me feel so happy to have her. At first, she screamed everytime I left the room, but she has already settled down and isn't doing that anymore. I made sure not to return until she was quiet.

The minute I walk in she is so attentive, it's like she's staring into your soul! She reaches for me and comes right to me. She's going to my husband great too. She is not jumpy or skittish!

Okay, she's probably done with her avi-cake by now so I'm going to go say goodnight and shut the light off. Tiki went to bed about an hour ago, so I spent the last hour with her. What a day!
Aww! That is because she has been alone so much! She's just soaking up the attention!!!! So AMAZING that you have her!!!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
awww, that is so wonderful! I'm glad that she is getting along so well in your house, and that is SO amazing that you have taken her in and shown her a whole new way of life :)

I'm so glad she made it without mishap and is settling in so well! She is adorable.

I know what you mean about writing on forums. I always feel like I'm writing a novel to try to cover everything that might come up so I'm not misunderstood! The good thing about this forum is that everyone generally has good intentions - unlike some I've been on.

Congratulations on your new baby!!!
Very well said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.