• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

its official im adopting

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
I wish I could "like" this many times over. How sweet and I know you are quite happy that Miss Peaches won hubby over. That is huge and will bring you both a great amount of joy. You know, having birds is like eating chips - you can't have just one. LOL. It's pretty amazing that your hubby was able to handle her like that. It was meant to be. The incredible thing about dogs and birds is that we can't choose whom they love (okay, strong word but you anti-anthropomorphics get my drift). Hubby may have stolen your bird, but it has to make you feel pretty good. :)

Here are some pics of miss peaches on her trip home with hubby. He has stolen my bird lol. o_O View attachment 167154 View attachment 167155 View attachment 167156 View attachment 167157 View attachment 167159

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:cloud9: :highfive: :highfive: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
What an amazing compliment you are paying Sherry by posting those wonderful pics of Peaches. Sherry has done such an amazing job that Peaches was not bothered by a truck ride with a stranger, managed to get said trucker to fall in love with her in 10 seconds flat and she has fitted straight in from the moment she perched at your home. Congrsts all round.
PS: Sorry your non-bird hubby stole your birdy. LOL

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
That's great that she is fitting in so well already! :heart:

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Well its gonna be a long. Hubby got a hot load he had to take so no coming home with my peaches till next weekend. :cautious: I think
Mrs. Sherry is secretly happy she gets one more week with peaches. Oh well gives me more time to rearrange her cage a few more times to make it perfect. And make more toys. :dancing:
Are you going to quarantine?

Welcome peaches!! :dance4: :dance5:

Peaches

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sherry
I'm so happy for my special Peach, her and I spent a LOT of time together dancing and she never complained about my singing! We have an actual Aviary Vet (Bird Medicine & Surgery, Dr. Kersting) 40 minutes from home so she has been to see him routinely during the fostering to make sure recovery was going well and to get guidance. Unfortunately, My family did not take to her like Christine's but she came to us under very different circumstances, depressed, untrusting and barely feathered. I believe in "things happen for a reason" and from the moment Christine contacted me about moving my Craigslist ad to this site that reason became more and more apparent. I'm missing my feathered friends company and, call me crazy, am still hearing her every now and then. Long-winded, sorry, been laid off since October 30th and Peaches is what I did all day. I would be engrossed in this computer sending resumes out, then I'd hear her climbing down her cage and little feet pitter-pattering across the kitchen floor. So I'd put my foot on the floor and she'd climb up my pant leg to my lap and jump on the desk and remind me to take a break, leave the computer, turn on the radio and let's go dance! Thanks for all of the updates and the compliments it's really helping with the separation (she's not having any issues but I am!). As you can imagine, dancing alone isn't as inviting:).

Christine 1978

Real Name
christine
Shes doing awesome. She sitting on my shoulder right now as i type this. She is a lover. I have gotten really lucky. She loves every one in my family. Although im being really careful and watching really closely when she is interacting with the kids. What a wonderful addition to my family.